E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Who would win a track race? BMW M3 CSL or Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM AMG?

• BMW M3 CSL

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM AMG

Votes: 43 55.8%

Who would win a track race? BMW M3 CSL or Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM AMG?

4K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  gettaluvr 
#1 ·
:dunno:

#27 ·
I think they only made 100 of these AMG CLK DTM cars because on the interior shot of the press release at some auto show, one photo showed the designation number and it read 1/100 so as for owning one i guess most of us are out of luck...not that price is an issue...haha.

#31 ·
Mpower619 said:
Gordon I think the guy who posted this thread meant a GTR which raced in AMLS till porsche complained for getting their ass kicked...
There's two sides to that story, it's not all about Porsche getting their ass kicked. I love the GTR and many of its pilots, but beating a 996 Cup car is no easy feat. You realize it took a V8 to beat the Boxer 6 of the Porsche right? Although I love BMW i-6s over the water pumper Porsche I'd take an air cooled over just about any BMW engine (I'd list the exceptions but it's probably wasted here :p .

Racing isn't always a perfect comparison, as different series favor certain models depending on the rules/regulations.

The GTR advert by BMW was pretty hilarious though.

#32 ·
whichever the car has better driver will win !
it's all about driving skills

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.