E46 Fanatics Forum banner

footwell lights

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  mfanatic325 
#1 ·
When my interior light comes on the passeger side footwell lights up but the drivers side footwell doesn't , is this normal or have i got a bulb gone if so where is it located , thanks.

#2 ·
Ok forget the first post ive done a search and found the answer but now i want peoples opinions please , do i change all my interior lighting to xenon white or blue , ive got a blue 330 convertible and think the blue bulb would look cool , what do you all think ? .

#3 ·
To make it worthwhile... Make sure the bulbs are big enough to hold up to 9 leds because if there are less, the output would be less compared to halogen. I say go with bright/super white and not blue. You will most likely need resistors because the bulbs require less power than halogen bulbs and if the car has it.. will show that a bulb is out.

#7 ·
the bimmian "xenon-look interior lighting kit" is better than the xynergie one in terms of output, but yes, it's still not as bright as stock...but the color IS much better to look at...I had the bimmian kit in for a while, then I decided to get blue LEDs to match my angel eyes at night :craig:

#13 ·
Yup, I'm an idiot. It seems that the most obvious solution to the problem was the fix. I replaced both the driver's side foot well light bulb and the passenger side vanity mirror bulb and viola, it works. I guess it's not easy to tell just by looking at them. On a side note: 1 set of 2 bulbs from Kraigan cost $6.50 times two sets/sizes for a total of $13 for 4 little light bulbs! What's up with that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.