E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Kill story on the way to work this morning

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  mmtr 328i 
#1 ·
A new Lancer was the victim. I noticed him in the toll both lane nxt to me getting onto the Turnpike... I drove through the EZ-Pass lane and he wound up leaving his lane at the same time. With both sprinted to get past a couple of trucks, but he was in better position to enter the highway. We both wind up going the onto the Turnpike the same direction, me directly behind him. At this point, I notice he has an exhaust, some wheels, and some stickers on his car. Nothing crazy, it actually looked good, not r!cey. So we take off down the ramp to get onto the Turnpike North, and he's trying to pull away from me, but it's just too easy for me to gain/hold my position.

As we enter the highway, both of our hammers are dropped. I ease into the middle lane and proceed to pull away so easily. I can see that he's trying so hard to keep up. Then we were going to be coming up to some traffic so we begin to slow up. Guy pulled up next to me and gave me props, we smiled and proceeded on our commutes.

Oh yeah, and except for the tractor-trailers we passed in the very beginning, there were no other cars/trucks/vans/motorcycles/pedestrians/birds/or anything near us.

sorry for the long story :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Another kill story... last night

Coming home from a great dinner at the Culinary Institute of America in Poughkeepsie, NY last night, I come up on a black Viper. I'm in the left lane and he's in the middle. I'm passing him, on cruise-control @ 80mph. As soon as I get 1-2 car lengths ahead, that monster takes off and pulls next to me. I look over and see the guy grinning. So what the heck... I give him a nod, he motions for me to go first so I slip into third and drop the hammer. Well he let's me go for a second, and then he proceeds to blow my doors off. Day-yaMN Vipers are FAST!!! We only took it up to a little past 100, or at least I did, and he had me by a decent amount...

hehehe it was humbling to say the least! :tongue:

#4 ·
Nice B !!!

Make sure I never drive next to you !! haha

ps

Vipers rule -

It's not about numbers - Once again, it all comes down to the drive -

DRIVE A VIPER, THEN TELL ME IT IS A SHIT CAR ..

funny - everyone has a bad comment about things, without even driving or testing them- gotta love it

#5 ·
I was horsing around at a stoplight was an MB...

we both took off and he just handed my ass to me...turns out it was anew C32. Damn V8s! Oh well, I know my car isn't super fast...but good enough for my driving habits.

...and B, stop racing...you have a bad enough driving record! :flipoff:

#6 ·
silroc said:
ps

Vipers rule -

It's not about numbers - Once again, it all comes down to the drive -

DRIVE A VIPER, THEN TELL ME IT IS A SHIT CAR ..

funny - everyone has a bad comment about things, without even driving or testing them- gotta love it
uhh, who said i never drove it? i've driven almost every model year of the viper. on and off the track.

...funny - everyone has a bad comment about things, without even knowing if the person has experience driving and testing them - gotta love it.

#8 ·
Re: I was horsing around at a stoplight was an MB...

vinnymac said:
we both took off and he just handed my ass to me...turns out it was anew C32. Damn V8s! Oh well, I know my car isn't super fast...but good enough for my driving habits.

...and B, stop racing...you have a bad enough driving record! :flipoff:

I know Vince... stupid Bimmer! Always pulls my foot to the floor! :tongue:

#17 ·
The end of last summer I was on my way home from the dealership and a whit M5 pulled up to me. So I figured what the heck. He let me pull ahead about 2 car lengths off the light. By the time I hit 100 he was at least six car lenghts ahead of me. Those things move especially for a four door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.