E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#462 ·
Gave my E46 to my new mechanic for a week for the following:

1) engine swap (used 325 engine with 80,000KMs) to replace my 320i engine (cracked head, cross-threaded spark plugs, etc).

2) BSW subwoofer / amp install

3) possible head unit install (Alpine if I do that)

Plus a thorough end-to-end inspection.

#464 ·
bled clutch line today

#472 ·
Stayed up til 2AM installing a UUC TSE3 exhaust and M-Tech II rear bumper on my 325i. Eargasm every time I start her up now.

#475 ·
I finished my car day by picking the wagon up from Re:vision (I had left it there Friday since I could leave it safely inside) and installed the Benfer CF strut bar, the CF airbox, the CF rear diffuser***8230;all these had been installed on the sedan***8230;but since I had previously installed the BMW Performance CF airbox, perf CF strut bar and perf MTech II CF diffuser on that car.

I also removed the old stereo setup in the wagon and went to a more simple setup with just a JL Audio amp and sub added to the factory nav (and MB quart speakers throughout).

Damn it was too hot to work out there ***8211; even with the AC pumping in the garage.

#477 ·
Cleaned door panels and all leather as well as giving her a clean. Took her to a viewing - hoping to have sold her by tonight.

#479 ·
i replaced my seat sensor mate for the air bag system in the passenger sport seat - maybe i'll post a DIY for it because of i didnt find a good guide for me, let me know if someone need it,

i changed my trans oil to the RP 75W90. - much better - but there is still work to do..

and - i replaced my control arms to Meyle , - recommended

#480 ·
This weekend I put in my new thermostat so drained and flushed the entire system. Filled up with new coolant and broke my radiator drain plug.

Put in a new fuel filter.

Sanded down those little strips below the front wing/fender just above the side skirts. The bit of the back panel that runs along to the front (coupe). It was all rusty so I sanded it back, primed and painted. Will hit it with 2000 grit tomorrow and lacquer.

Realised my driver door and boot seals are all f'ed up.