E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Is my wheel repairable?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Zamorskii 
#1 ·
I have a set of Breytons 18x8.5, byt one of the wheels is not straight.
I am not sure how to describe it, but when I rotate it, you can see that the wheel's outer edge goes from side to side (like wobbles), very little :cry: , but enough to give pretty damn big vibration on the steering wheel at speeds over 75mph. I know that bends are repaired, but was wondering if these wobbles could be fixed too.

I have a video (~5Mb), but can't find where to host it, cos free service sites do not allow file size more that 1Mb to be transferred :banghead: :banghead:

Please smb. help me out :bawling:

#3 ·
Zamorskii said:
I have a set of Breytons 18x8.5, byt one of the wheels is not straight.
I am not sure how to describe it, but when I rotate it, you can see that the wheel's outer edge goes from side to side (like wobbles), very little :cry: , but enough to give pretty damn big vibration on the steering wheel at speeds over 75mph. I know that bends are repaired, but was wondering if these wobbles could be fixed too.

I have a video (~5Mb), but can't find where to host it, cos free service sites do not allow file size more that 1Mb to be transferred :banghead: :banghead:

Please smb. help me out :bawling:
My friends VOLK TE37 were bent so bad that part of the lip was torn away a little (gap of 1/8"). It was fixed like new for $110 each wheel, so your bent is nothing.

The shop is in the Chicago suburbs though. It's Wheel of America.

The shop:
http://www.bentrim.com/

Forum we talked on:
http://www.euroteknik.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9399

:) good luck

#11 ·
It had a jack stands under front and rear and was sitting on them.
I just didn't take jack off :hi: .
So, It IS repairable?
I might send it to Chicago them to The Wheels Of America.
The tire shop that looked at the wheel first told me that an average repair runs $250-300, but after looking at the rim said it's not repairable.

I just do not want to send it away to a shop and get back a bill and the wheel with "Not Repairable" diagnosis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.