E46 Fanatics Forum banner

My search for more NA power (Dyno time)

272K views 1K replies 109 participants last post by  radichev 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to start this thread to document where I'm going with my car. I'm a big fan of dyno results versus butt-dyno feeling. I like to make sure I get some bang out of my buck. Hopefully this thread will give people some reference when they are looking for NA mods.

If you have any good solid before/after dynos (corrected numbers) feel free to post them with an explanation. I'll start off by posting what I have so far....

#823 ·
I have an AA tune that has been "revised" and I can also install my Shark tune again.

I'll run the Shark tune on the dyno for a more apples to apples tune. Someone checked out the revised tune for me. I'm disappointed to say that all AA did was add a touch more timing over the Shark tune. Nothing was touched to take advantage of the cams.

Let me just mention here... I just typed a giant paragraph going off on almost every e46 "tuner" I can think of. I deleted it so I don't burn any bridges. Let me just say that I am VERY disappointed with the offerings out there.

#836 ·
I've got the ESS tune but no dyno to show if there was any gains or not. In fact I can't find anyone that dyno'd before and after with an ESS tune. I'm happy with how the car feels but I'd just like to know for sure that it made good power

#843 ·
Very small update. Changed over to Amsoil 3-50 Euro this weekend. Expensive oil change, but not much more than Royal Purple. The dealer pretty much promised me that I won't burn through it. We'll see. If I don't, it'll end up being cheaper than RP. I was going through a quart every couple weeks. That adds up.

Waiting on Burns to finish up our y-merges. I've already talked to Stett about welding it in for me. Then I'll finish my tuneup and hit the dyno!

#849 ·
Hmmm so does anyone know of any custom tuners in Seattle or within driving distance of Seattle? It looks like cams can give a pretty large gain on HP when tunned correctly.

Aggie, without going through the 40 some odd pages again, I've been following this thread for months now what cams did you get, 272/256?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.