E46 Fanatics Forum banner

WinCE Desktop patch for Dynavin units + WiFi patch

324K views 828 replies 112 participants last post by  ganton 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello to all,

there are so many threads about dynavin so i decided to start another one where you can talk only about patches, modding, etc.

I`m the software developer that built the wince drivers for 3g modem making possible internet access on dynavin units.

This will be the OFFICIAL support thread for Dynavin 3G customers.

First, about my work, read ( long read ) here : http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107203 , i see that my work is unknown on this forum.

The patches can be bought from here:

www.flydigital.ro/wince

My wince patch will enable desktop access and will change the interface in navi mode to a nice looking iphone like shell.

Latest development is the wifi patch, that will enable wifi access in your car, the main purpose is to connect to your phone ( used as an wifi access point : iphone, windows mobile, symbian ) and share its 3g internet connection, so you`ll not be forced to pay double for data services.

More details in the link above.
Any questions just ask.

Thanks,
Petrut

Edit : more info about wifi patch.

1. you`ll need to buy the wincedesktop patch for dynavin devices, then the wifi patch.
2. wifi patch come with a license valid for only the device that was built for ( will not run on other units ), if you have more than one device you can purchase a reseller license.
3.you need to reflash the wince, because all 3g units have now chinese wince. I`ll provide english firmware ONLY for my patch customers.
4. compatible dongles are the ones with ralink 3070 chipset. Tested and working so far :

http://cgi.ebay.com/EDUP-802-11n-Mi...046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563f88c78e

http://cgi.ebay.com/Edimax-150Mb-80...440?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3caf87aa00

See less See more
#37 ·
^
^
thanks guys for your perception of what the new interface's selling point is/are. I just wanna be sure im buying more than just cosmetics. A new look wont do it for me, spending wise. I've got a laundry list of wants and wishes, and cosmetics is at the bottom of that list.

#40 ·
check out the dynavin forum, a bunch of guys are running petrut's stuff....

#41 ·
brutal,

2000_328CI is going to test it out. Like jeff said, others are on another board, but from here, he is going to try it out. I think he ordered the antenna and patch. so we will see soon. if I had everything setup I would do it, but I am a couple weeks out.

#50 ·
OK, I purchased the hack today and have a few quick questions before I go about destroying my setup :).

1. Can someone confirm that with a v5 Dynavin, I don't need to make ANY firmware updates? I was confused by the instructions that petrut included in the hack zip file.
2. All I need to do is copy the "wincehack" directory to the root of the SD card, then set the navigation path to the "install.exe" and let install. After that I can delete wincehack from the SD card and the hack will still be present?

#55 · (Edited)
or if you have a MAC, you can run windows on it. I have windows XP running in vmware fusion on my macbook pro. As of right now, I will never own another brand computer.

Which USB port would we use to do the patch updates? For the dynavin firmware updates we use the DVDUSB. Since petruts patches are for the NAVI side, I assume we use the GPS USB port?

I have one USB extension for the rear USB ports and before I put everything back together I need to figure out if I need to get another extension cable.

#58 · (Edited)
This is what I did. Extracted and Copied the program files folder from the data.zip located on the SD card to the wincehack folder that I downloaded from your location. then copied the wincehack folder to the root of the GPD SD card.

**Update** I think I found my mistake... I'll report back shortly.

#61 ·
Sure thing. Basically I used the wrong Data file. I was using the data file found on the sd card and not the downloaded data.zip.

Here's the breakdown of steps:
  1. Download the WinCEHack from Petrut and extract
  2. Download the Data.zip from the link Petrut prvided in the instructions
  3. Unzip the downloaded Data.zip and copy the Program Files folder to the WinCEHack folder
  4. Copy the WinCEHack folder to the root of the GPS SD card slot
  5. Run the .exe as indicated in the direction from Petrut.

#65 ·
Ok, I've successfully installed the hack but there is something that is BUGGING THE HELL OUT OF ME.

The WinCE programs typically have the "Cancel" "OK" or other buttons that you use to get out of a program on the edges of the screen. It is borderline impossible to hit those buttons with your fingers. You would have to use a stylus to get there. My example is in the Nitrogen MP3 player for example. Once I load it, I can't get out of it without a lot of clicking for no reason.

Is there a way to reduce the size of the screen in software? I did the "Screen" setup for the NAVI board and made the screen as small as possible but it still is too large width wise.

cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.