E46 Fanatics Forum banner

So i decided go boost

3K views 44 replies 8 participants last post by  bimer21 
#1 ·
I currently drive a 325i with 153k on it, head gasket was replaced and head machine at 145k due to vent valves, car has all maintenance done at 130k.

Now i got siting at home some small turbonetics t3/t4 turbine with treadstone oil feed line and return with all couplings, and also a treadstone intercooler!

And i was thinking to have a little of fun with my eurogirl(bmw).
What you guys this about this? Can the m54b25 be boosted, low boost around 5psi because is my daily driver and i don't want to push it to much.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#34 ·
install all the hardware, then since you're so close, send it to nick g and have him tune it.
Not trying to be a dick, but you will not get it to run correctly on the stock ecu without codes/issues. Just trying to save you the headache.
:facepalm: Start listening...the only reliable way to tune the DME on this car for a turbo is Nick G...secondly the supercharger will net you very little in regards to power. Nick G sells a VERY awesome TT kit for this car and at the end of the day will be cheaper than the setup you're attempting to piece together.

Or you can go the full custom route and require a piggyback engine management setup...have fun spending less than 6k on the total kit now.

Seriously dude...pull your head out of your ass and listen.

3 Clear times it was mentioned previously...and I almost guarantee Nick G will not tune your setup as he is very busy.

#3 ·
I still need a couple more parts like piping, downpipe, bov and coupling for this, and have question too!
I never boost a bimmer before so can i use my stock injectors for 5psi or should i get bigger ones? Also what should i do with the piping to the intake? I just leave stock from maf to im and connect hard piping direct to maf ?

#4 ·
Sell current hardware. Buy Technique Tuning kit. Have a qualified installer put it on. Enjoy your turbo bmw.

If you choose the diy route it will be more expensive in the long run.

#6 · (Edited)
it really depends if you can fabricate (weld, problem solve), have tools, motivated, and worth time vs money to do a custom setup. I went that route, and actually spent LESS than "nick G"s kit. plus my car makes more power, has safety features (that DME tuning does not) and I can go in and tweak settings..

If your not a tweaker, or have the time; buy a turbo "kit"

#8 ·
Yes, you can build a quality turbo kit and run the car on a full standalone. The problem is, no matter how good of a tweaker you are, you will not have an OBD2 compliant car that will pass all of the readiness tests and most state inspections.

#7 · (Edited)
I have the time and experience, i have boost around 5 car before 3 hondas 1 240sx and 1 2jz on a 300is.
And i really was looking for this technique tuning and i dont see any differences from a turbo kit.

My questions are do i have to remove the MAF? And what about vacuum lines on the F located on intake boots and the intake boots? Also the IACV stay open? If i can solve this i will boost it because piping is not a problem for me, i got a friend who can make then for me under 150$.
So how the car will work without parts mention before? And what kind of tuning i need to get for this?

Thansk

#9 ·
You will have an easier time trying to get it to run right with a draw through carburetor setup.

#10 · (Edited)
Im planing to leave stock tb, i dont want to make a huge hp just to hear the bov and a little more of push thats all, and not planing other force induction or other car because i love my eurogirl and dont want to over spend money on other stuff, since i got the most expensive parts already.

Do someone here who have boost its non M before can help?
I still dont know what to do.
I hear that you may disconnect the MAF and ride your car like that but never try it, and with the IACV just put a little ar filter in there and leave it like that, and F vacuum connector run it somewhere on the IM, but i want to know how people who boost it before did it and whats pro and cont! Thanks again
And thanks for reply mike

#11 ·
Not trying to be a dick, but you will not get it to run correctly on the stock ecu without codes/issues. Just trying to save you the headache.

#14 ·
If i have to flash or change computer to run right i will do it, but i wont spend 6k+ on a technique tuning kit when it almost the same thing as a regular boost kit but they figure out what to do with thing im asking for thats all!
Before i pay 6k+ for that crap i sell my car buy an M3 and maybe i got some left over and no problems!
Thanks again for proposing it but for me the technique tuning is not an option and wont pay that much for it, i will prefer to buy AA sc kit will cost less and be more secure for my ride!
The only thing i don't know what to do is what i said before with MAF, IACV & F vacuum lines thats all, and I'm asking here because this is one on the few forum were people really help as a bmw community.
Thanks

#15 ·
:facepalm: Start listening...the only reliable way to tune the DME on this car for a turbo is Nick G...secondly the supercharger will net you very little in regards to power. Nick G sells a VERY awesome TT kit for this car and at the end of the day will be cheaper than the setup you're attempting to piece together.

Or you can go the full custom route and require a piggyback engine management setup...have fun spending less than 6k on the total kit now.

Seriously dude...pull your head out of your ass and listen.

#17 ·
I got you point but you dont get mines.
What the differences on that g tt kit to other turbo kit?
How they solve this issue?
A turbo kit doesn't have nothing to do with a ECM, unless they sell they own, which i will buy if i need to!
Why would i sell my turbo, intercooler bov and wastegate, that nobody will pay more that 1000$ to buy a turbo, intercooler, bov and wastegate from then at 6k thats ridiculous
I understand you and i dont want you to get mad and start calling me thing but this is common sense, why? What is different on then? How they solve this issue

#20 ·
Thats what you should tell me at the beginning and not just focus on my to buy it! When i have my set up complete i will go and tune with then if necessary or will find the way to doit, i know i cant put boost with out tune.

Have you boost your ride before?
Have any here boost before a non M?

#25 ·
Guy will tear apart his motor, strap on a turbo kit, attempt to tune it cheaply.... car will be for sale on ebay as a "Turbo 325 M3 Killer" after he realizes it runs really poorly.

#30 ·
Jajaja and why you put this under you name?! Jajja because you are one of those people who pay 350$ at local dealership for and oil change because dont know where your oil filter is located? Lmao some of you guys are dumb riches stupids as you say it on you picture!

I never said nothing about a cheap tuning get that on mind, but boost kit they wont put grease and a finger on my ass with that price

#32 ·
I have no doubt that you can install a turbo kit yourself from what I've read.

The problem in a nut shell is this: What do you do about getting your ECU to accept the new turbo hardware that was just bolted on? That's why everyone is saying "Nick G", because he figured it out.

If you're as serious as you seem, the only forum member I'd currently be in contact with is here........http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpost.php?p=15494079&postcount=6

#35 ·
Yes they say it before but never tell why! Till this member say HE IS ONLY ONE WHO HAVE DONE IT, something that nobody else did, so know i know i need to call then and find out when they can tune it for me and what stuff they need to be on the car before i send it there!
But i only need around 400$ to complete my kit and put on top 500-800 on tuning max, it will be way less than 6k+

#42 · (Edited)
I only used FSR just for the dyno, and a Pro efi tuner held my hand to get through it. tuning was ~600 Pro EFI + patch harness + basic kit is 3k so tune wise your going to spend $3,600 minimum

The only reason why I spent less than Nick G's kit is I fabricated most of it, without it your at least gonna spend upwards of 8k that is if its done right, and no costly mistakes or tweaking is needed.

#40 ·
The ProEFI I think goes for around $2500...I don't know exactly how much FSR charges per hour for tuning but if there was troubleshooting involved then the price obviously goes up.

I would imagine the tuning would be around $500 without problems or troubleshooting...

Plus the parts for the harness to piggyback onto the car...and parts for the ProEFI (solenoids, etc...)

So $4000 giving some safety factor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.