E46 Fanatics Forum banner

** OFFICIAL THREAD ** Pics of different types of angel eyes installed

474K views 930 replies 257 participants last post by  umnitza 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
and make it a sticky, should reduce a lot of repeated threads...:)

#782 ·
So, if I hook up the angel eyes with the night controller, they will dim to 70% when the lights are on, correct?

Now, If I leave the knob to auto, then when the DRL's are on, the angel eyes will be...???

If I just unplug the DRL's, then I will have a light on the dash, correct?

#790 ·
Dose the Opaque affect the light output? Are the less visible or dose it look like its all one light? I am getting ready to order the V2! Do I need to bake the lights? I have a 2004 m3. Do you guys know of any shops in southern California that would install them for me? Last question witch rings are thicker v2 or the aurora?

#795 ·
Ugh, after searching various threads for days I've found that more than half the information is so outdated it doesn't even matter. I'm trying to pick a set of AE but I'm concerned the Orion V2 is too bright making the rings look less crisp and gives a sloppy very aftermarket/ricey look. Auroras seemed a better bet but I'm not sure they are even making them anymore, they are out of stock with no ETA on the eas website. It looks like Khoalty is back in the game with their helios but they look pretty much identical to the orion V2 with a different clip. Then supposedly in a month or so the Orion v4 will be out and even BRIGHTER (not sure why anyone would want it so bright that it loses definition, it's like trying to stare at the edges of the sun). Anyone wanna throw out their input on a quality set that's not striving to blind you or are the orions really not that bad? worth waiting for v4?

I realize this has been done to death over the years, so my apologies in advance

#798 ·
So I went with the Orion V4 since EAS had no eta on theirs and I thought the orions might be a little better than the ones from Khoalty. Customer service from Umnitza was exceptional, answered any questions very fast and the install was super easy. The only complaint I have is that they came with the wrong wire end and not enough taps for the night controller, but that was easily fixed. They're also pretty damn pricey, but the fitment and quality was definitely good. I'm still on the fence about the color being quite different from my stock xenons. Crappy cell phone pics, and ignore the bug splatter...

#801 ·
Up close the brightness isn't an issue and they look clean, I haven't taken a good look at them from a distance yet to see if they look 'thicker' being too bright, but I also haven't hooked up the night controller yet either. They are definitely more of a blue than my xenons, especially after the xenons have warmed up for a few seconds. I think the color makes them look more rice than the brightness, but they don't look bad. Since the V4 doesn't come in any other color yet I'll stick with these and maybe change my bulbs to match. I couldn't find any pics with the orion v2 4300k with stock xenons turned on, that would be a good combo to see. My first pic shows the contrast in color accurately and that is what it looks like in person, less noticeable at night though or when viewed directly from the front.

I'd say they are quality and I'm overall pretty satisfied with them, really comes down to the color preference to me, a true white would have been nicer I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.