E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Took some HPF & VFE vids in mexico over the weekend

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  MSpired 
#1 ·
Went to mexico over the weekend and took took some vids. Sorry the quality sucks since its from a point and shoot camera and my video guy is a complete noob.

4 cars. Im sure I missing alot of mods.

dark grey m3-hpf stage 2, no passenger, supersprint exhaust, 91 octane (used meth one vid)
silver m3-vf stage 2, 100 octane, no passenger, ebay headers (i think)
white m3-vf stage 1+ (i forget what that means, but thats what owner said), 1 passenger, 3.91,
camera car, blue m3, 91/100 octane mix, gruppe m exhaust, 1 passenger, full tank of gas, no meth

vf2 vs hpf2

hpf2 vs hpf2

vf1+ vs hpf2

hpf2 vs hpf2 w/meth

See less See more
#10 ·
Biggest suprise for me was the hpf2 v hpf2 left car definately gets away.

The SC cars will always have the edge lower down as its instant, no lag and i guess for tracking and quick street runs it makes it a better option - not a dig as love HPF stuff - it's just purely an observation based on the vids

#11 ·
The SC cars will always have the edge lower down as its instant, no lag and i guess for tracking and quick street runs it makes it a better option - not a dig as love HPF stuff - it's just purely an observation based on the vids
They definitely have the throttle response. I think HPF needs to include a "brake boosting for dummies" manual with each turbo kit though...

#13 · (Edited)
the only reason boost takes a while is we have to start in 3rd gear vs 2nd gear for the VF cars and 3.91 gears that one of them had.... if we had traction we would start in the same gear and it would be much different...traction is the biggest problem. im off to get some drag radials soon lol
I understand that the top of 2nd won't hook up, but that doesn't mean you can't brake boost in 3rd.

Step 1: Floor the accelerator in 3rd
Step 1.5: hold your speed steady with your left foot riding the brake while boost builds
Step 2: lift your left foot off the brake on the 3rd honk and take off at full boost...

#18 ·
I understand that the top of 2nd won't hook up, but that doesn't mean you can't brake boost in 3rd.

Step 1: Floor the accelerator in 3rd
Step 1.5: hold your speed steady with your left foot riding the brake while boost builds
Step 2: lift your left foot off the brake on the 3rd honk and take off at full boost...
true but thats kinda cheating lol...no worries we are all friends and it was just for fun...while we were waiting for something we just decided to go do some runs...in mexico of course :)

#16 ·
Yeah, but the turbo cars make much more boost alot faster than the supercharged cars. So while the S/C cars may have boost a little quicker it's nowhere as much boost at the same rpm as the HPF cars make.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.