E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Ride Quality?

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  TallSkinnyMatt 
#1 ·
How bad would the ride quality be going from a 17'' wheel to a 19'' wheel? I am thinking about getting some 19'' csl reps, but i've heard the ride can be pretty bad. Anyone have experience with this?

#3 · (Edited)
I had a 2004 with ZSP 17" went to 19"....all depends on the roads. Will make the car a bit slower but since it is not a drag car...you will not notice.

Main factor is check the roads where you live for potholes. I could have went 19" with my 911...but after having 19" on my E46...decided to go 18"......easier on the pot holes, cheaper on tires, and main thing...if you get a blow out on a 19 inch....unless you are in a big city...you might have to wait to get one. Think about that. Yes...19" do look nicer, but they are more expensive.

17" M3 reps on my old E46: (SPORT SUSPENSION ZSP...ON BOTH PICS)

19" rims on the same car...same OEM ZSP springs...

Old 17" light weight Porsche 911 rims:

Current 18" rims....no drop on the 911....:

Just some pics to ponder.....and all of the pics are old. E46 is gone and the 911 is different now.

#4 · (Edited)
Damn....miss my old E46. But....either a 8 series or 2002 Tii will make me happy....looking for a nice early BMW 2002 to work on with my son....hard to find one without rust.

Oh yea...I never had any of these cars and they are pics from different garages in different houses.....LOL.;)

#9 ·
Wow the v710's look amazing in 18's. I am actually contemplating on getting them. From what I have seen from the CSL reps, the 18's look great with a drop. When stock suspension they look a little small... Not sure yet. Have yet to see them in real life. I know pictures don't do justice. So we shall see. I'm not terribly worried about potholes and such... and may sacrifice a little comfort for the extra looks. But if I get the v710's i'm definitely getting 18's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.