E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Getting wheels/tires for 330i- need advice

8K views 59 replies 24 participants last post by  E5-E46 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2002 facelifted sport pkg sedan and was wondering if anyone is running a moderately aggressive fitment and had wheel specs, tire size, etc they are running. I'm trying to figure out a setup that won't rub with rolled fenders and have a somewhat "stanced" look. Don't want to rice it out, just get a clean look Thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

#54 ·
So much retardation in this thread. Leave the stance crowd to the Volkswagen guys and enjoy a BMW as the ultimate driving machine. Otherwise, I can find you a great deal on a Mk.3 Jetta 8V here in Tennessee that would be perfect for all your retarded stance dreams.
It has a negative effect on performance. You can't push the car too hard if your tires are already hanging by a thread, just to stay on the wheel. Get some nice wheels. Drop the car a bit. Maybe even some spacers, if you feel the need. But put on some damn tires that fit the wheel.
Exceed the boundaries on any of these, and you are just using the car as something to hang the wheels and tires on, and you will have to adjust how you drive the car to accommodate them. If you have to consider scrubbing, bottoming out, or breaking the bead on the tire before you push the limits on the car, then you have crossed the line of what driving a BMW is all about. At that point, you may as well have just any other average car attached to those wheels, since you can not use it as God intended.
+ 1 Heed their advice, it's cool to add some aggression to the look of your car but keep it classy and leave the herra frush look to ricers.

#4 ·
You can't not rub and be stanced. That's just how it is.
I'm as flush as you can get without rubbing. 1 or 2 more mm and it would rub to all hell.
However I'm still not super flush like the stanced guys. You'll just have to deal with rubbing if you want to be really flush

#18 ·
i have 18x8.5 ET +15 fronts and 18x9.5 ET +25 rears wrapped in 225/40 all around, im lowered on coilovers and guards are rolled... at this height it only scrubs if i have people in the car and im taking corners pretty hard. if i was to go any lower it would scrub for sure. I'm thinking about getting guards re-rolled as there could be a 'cleaner' roll in the rear.

#33 ·
Idk how tire stretch affects performance though.
Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App
It has a negative effect on performance. You can't push the car too hard if your tires are already hanging by a thread, just to stay on the wheel. Get some nice wheels. Drop the car a bit. Maybe even some spacers, if you feel the need. But put on some damn tires that fit the wheel.
Exceed the boundaries on any of these, and you are just using the car as something to hang the wheels and tires on, and you will have to adjust how you drive the car to accommodate them. If you have to consider scrubbing, bottoming out, or breaking the bead on the tire before you push the limits on the car, then you have crossed the line of what driving a BMW is all about. At that point, you may as well have just any other average car attached to those wheels, since you can not use it as God intended.

#31 ·
So much retardation in this thread. Leave the stance crowd to the Volkswagen guys and enjoy a BMW as the ultimate driving machine. Otherwise, I can find you a great deal on a Mk.3 Jetta 8V here in Tennessee that would be perfect for all your retarded stance dreams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.