E46 Fanatics Forum banner

building thread: quite low, swedish e46 coupe

18K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  UnDerzon3 
#1 ·
Hello guys
I'm a 19 years old guy from sweden. I'm driving a 323ci which i've had for a little more than a year now. I've had been posting a build thread on the car on a swedish forum but thought that it could be fun to get a thread here at fanatics aswell! :)
In this first update I will post everything i've done so far so that you guys will be up to date.

Starting off with some pics of the car that my friend took the day after i've brought it home

switched to black turn signals up front

thought i needed some new wheels so...

Rondell 0067 2-piece split. 17x9" square

first testmounting on the car, I really like how the color of the car and the color of the rims matches!

then it was time for some tyres.

First I was going for 215/45 tyres but the guys at oijoij-society.com convinced me that the tyres where to wide so eventually I ended up running 205/40

in the beginning of april i got my hands on some coils for my car. Sadly i don't have any pics of the mounting process but here's the result with the coils as low as possible...

a second testfitment of the rondell wheels. As they where hitting the spings in the front i was forced to put on at least 10mm spacers. In this pics i had 15mm spacers on

got some red tone on the tail lights

got the new tires on the rims. 205/40

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
...and finally i got the rondell wheels on the car! :)

at this point i was overall happy with the looks of the car except that the wheelgap was a little bigger in the front than in the back. Still coils in the bottom.
Eventually i removed the helpersprings on the front coils and according to me the car came out really good

now i only needed some spacers in the back so i bought two 20mm spacers from a friends friend. the bolts i got with them where to long though. But i chopped them of a couple of mm and then i all came togheter.

here's some pics which where taken in the end of the summer, these shitty ones i've taken with my mobile...

...and these ones where taken by my friend...

that's where i'm at at this point. I will update the thread if i do something to the car
next on the schedule is getting better fitment and after that we'll see what happens :)

finally i just want to say, it's all about details...

see you when i see you :thanks:

ps.

#9 ·
thanks. i'm going for a clean and a little softer look, been thinking about m-tech och m3 front but it would turn out a bit to aggressive imo

Looks great man! I'm not sure which lip it is, but I love that bumper with a front lip. If it were mine, I'd go to LED tails. Wheels and fitment look good!
thank you! it's the original front for the coupe

Car looks sharp, but wheels are way too small and not wide enough.
could agree with you on the "not wide enough" part but they are good enough though :)

#7 ·
Looks great man! I'm not sure which lip it is, but I love that bumper with a front lip. If it were mine, I'd go to LED tails. Wheels and fitment look good!

#8 ·
Car looks sharp, but wheels are way too small and not wide enough.

#18 ·
okey guys, i've been fixing some details on my beemer.
the season started of badly when i bought new topmounts for my frontcoils. They where a bit higher than the original which resulted in a higher car. So i had to switch back to the old ones.
here's the difference

after this it's been pretty straight forward

I got my hands on a set of oem m3 mirrors

then I removed the front to do some painting

came out really nice if you ask me

did some painting on the rear aswell

this is how it looks for now, and it won't happend much more to it since i'm going back to school this fall. So i will probably sell it, with tears rolling down my face :(

Hope you guys like it! i know i do! :)

#22 ·
thanks, allways good to hear! :)

Rondell wheels are beautiful they are 17x9 squared right? A few earlier posts stated they aren't wide enough but I've never seen a 17x10 setup only 17x9.5 which is not much wider... I've seen 18x10s all around but those are 18s. This Guy and many others stick to 17s to get Lower and dont look bad in my opinion. Post pics of a 17x10 setup if you got them everybody.
yes 9" square it is! according to rondells own website they made the 0067 modell in 17x10 aswell. But just like you, i havn't seen them!

#21 · (Edited)
Rondell wheels are beautiful they are 17x9 squared right? A few earlier posts stated they aren't wide enough but I've never seen a 17x10 setup only 17x9.5 which is not much wider... I've seen 18x10s all around but those are 18s. This Guy and many others stick to 17s to get Lower and dont look bad in my opinion. Post pics of a 17x10 setup if you got them everybody.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.