E46 Fanatics Forum banner

** The Official CSL Replica Wheels Thread **

554K views 862 replies 297 participants last post by  DMartBossman 
#1 ·
Alright laides and gents,

I thought it would be a good idea to see these wheels on a variety of differnent e46's..

So post up your pics if you have them :thumbsup:

#52 ·
bobo's car is amazing! i noticed that the face of the rear wheels concave inwards toward the middle more than the front wheels, i guess because they are wider wheels.... and i think that looks much better. i also noticed that the front wheels are not flush with the fenders yet.... is it possible to fit the 18x9.5 rear rims up front, with the 225/40 tire?

#53 ·
TonyluvSilvia said:
bobo's car is amazing! i noticed that the face of the rear wheels concave inwards toward the middle more than the front wheels, i guess because they are wider wheels.... and i think that looks much better. i also noticed that the front wheels are not flush with the fenders yet.... is it possible to fit the 18x9.5 rear rims up front, with the 225/40 tire?

ummm.... 9.5s in front would just look silly :)
and 225's are far too narrow for 9.5

#54 ·
im not sure about it looking "silly" because the concave design of the spokes of the rear wheels look more appealing.... and 225's can easily stretch on a 9.5 rim, and this practice has been regularly utilized in other automotive enthusiast circles like VIP and drift... the question is whether the 9.5 width rim would fit without any obstruction to the suspension/chassis components.

#55 ·
TonyluvSilvia said:
im not sure about it looking "silly" because the concave design of the spokes of the rear wheels look more appealing.... and 225's can easily stretch on a 9.5 rim, and this practice has been regularly utilized in other automotive enthusiast circles like VIP and drift... the question is whether the 9.5 width rim would fit without any obstruction to the suspension/chassis components.

Ok.. it won't fit - 2 wide

But still... it will look :loco:
And there's no way a 225 will look right on that 9.5.... even 225 on the 8.5 is too narrow [with some tyres]
It will have to be stretched so much, u won't have a sidewall

#60 ·
TonyluvSilvia said:
Do these come in different finishes, like shadow chrome?

Thanks
The default finish is the silver that you see there, but we can do custom painted finishes for an extra $99 per wheel.

#62 ·
Anyone curb theres yet? This girl was being designated driver for me, and as she was backing up I heard the worst sound ever(my back wheel scraping the concrete) I thought the damage was going to be sickening but honestly is was very small only noticable up close....strong wheels.

#65 ·
ablaz330ci said:
Anyone curb theres yet? This girl was being designated driver for me, and as she was backing up I heard the worst sound ever(my back wheel scraping the concrete) I thought the damage was going to be sickening but honestly is was very small only noticable up close....strong wheels.
Very slight curbing on my right front, only noticeable when I'm 1 foot away from the wheel washing it.

#76 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.