E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Redline Speed Worx Presents: Saad Racing / Pro EFI Stage 3 Build

56K views 252 replies 48 participants last post by  Vert-igo 
#1 · (Edited)
Redline Speed Worx is proud to present the build thread of our shop E46 M3.

We have been in the the "european repair & performance" community for a number of years now. You may already be familiar with our work in the Audi, VW, Mercedes Benz & Porsche markets and we please invite you to visit our website (www.RedlineSpeedWorx.com), our Flickr Account, as well as our Facebook Page which we do update daily ! We pride ourselves on high end repair work, and do specialize in engine / transmission rebuilds as well as aftermarket turbocharger systems.

If you AREN'T familiar with our work take a moment to check out our "SHOP LIFE" thread here on e46fanatics ! It displays some of the work we have completed over the past few months !

We have FINALLY decided it was time to build a BIG power BMW, and what better platform than that of the E46 M3.

Our Shop M3 will be receiving a complete Saad Racing Stage 3 Turbocharger system. The entire vehicle is currently being overhauled from a complete engine rebuild, drivetrain upgrades, braking system upgrades, suspension overhaul as well as the installation of a complete Pro EFI engine management system.

The first post of this thread will outline the components currently going into the vehicle from Saad Racing as well as Pro EFI.

Precision Turbocharger 6766

Saad_E46_M3_Turbo_4 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Turbo_3 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Turbo_2 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Silicone Hose Kit

Saad_E46_M3_Silicone_Couplers_2 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Pro EFI Engine Management System

Saad_E46_M3_PROEFI_1 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_PROEFI_2 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_PROEFI_3 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_PROEFI_4 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad Racing Exhaust Manifold. Currently being Ceramic Coated

Saad_E46_M3_Mainfold_1 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Mainfold_2 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Mainfold_3 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Mainfold_5 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Mainfold_6 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad Racing Intake Manifold. Currently being Thermal Coated

Saad_E46_M3_Intake_Manifold_1 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Intake_Manifold_2 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Intake_Manifold_3 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Intake_Manifold_5 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad Racing / Pro EFI Upgraded Ignition System

Saad_E46_M3_Ignition_3 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Ignition_2 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Ignition_1 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad Racing Upgraded Fueling System Fully E85 Compatible.

Saad_E46_M3_Fueling_1 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Fueling_2 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Fueling_3 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Fueling_4 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Fueling_5 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Fueling_6 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Fueling_7 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad Racing Front Mount Intercooler

Saad_E46_M3_FMIC_1 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_FMIC_2 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_FMIC_3 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_FMIC_Piping_1 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_FMIC_Piping_2 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_FMIC_Piping_3 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Saad Racing 3.5" Downpipe Assembly w/ WG Recirculation

Saad_E46_M3_Downpipe_1 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Downpipe_2 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Downpipe_3 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Downpipe_4 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad Racing Oil Res

Saad_E46_M3_Engine_Components_3 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Saad_E46_M3_Engine_Components_4 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Super High Power Neon GREEN Air Filter !

Saad_E46_M3_Air_Filter_1 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

More to come, stay tuned . . . :pimpin:

#3 ·
This seems awesome!! Very interested in this build

I have a question. I have been a lurk trying to learn about all these turbo systems. Love HPF, am waiting to hear more info on Maximum PSI, but really am interested in the SAAD racing turbo. Charlie (M5chas)'s M3 was a monster! The only thing I cannot find is pricing on SAAD racing kits, and the stages they have with power output?

I am on the east coast so having all these shops appear in NJ is only making me want to pull the trigger faster.

Sorry if this jacked your thread a little bit, Good luck with the build!

#11 · (Edited)
I was just pointing out that your wording is misleading. Nothing is fully compatible if it has a limited lifespan as stated by the manufacturer. Plenty of 044 failures on E85.

Saad has put together a great kit, but changing the pumps to fuelab or walbro 416s which are 100% E85 compatible with no time limitations would be a prudent move for cars planning on flex fuel. For the extreme cost of these kits, and pumps now designed for E85, doesnt make sense to cut that corner.

#18 ·
I also want to add that there is 2 parameters for the fuel pumps. rpm and boost. Both of those limits have to be met for them to turn on. The pump may only run for 3 to 10 seconds when racing and may never turn on when daily driving. As a point of reference, you can get 3500 10 second passes before the Bosch estimated failure. Understand also that Bosch is going to underestimate the longevity to stamp warranty issues.

#17 · (Edited)
On a side note, AMAZING kit! Can't wait to see the final build and all the POWER!! Thats a very unique kit with tons of detail! I love how the Intake plenum is made of all billet parts instead of all the shitty cast manifolds! That header looks amazing with all 6 runners merging directly in the flange! Should flow Great!

#25 ·
I wouldn't worry about the Bosch 044 fuel pump at all! They are by far the most proven fuel pump on the market and widely used in all applications. I used one on my previous car (daily driven/tracked) and it never once gave me a problem. I also have a lot of friends running Bosch 044's on their E85 Evo's/Supra's/WRX's/etc.. and none have had any fueling issues. A genuine Bosch 044 pump used with a proper filter and clean tank (ie not an old gas tank used with 91 octane gas and then switched to E85 without cleaning..) will last for a very very long time.

#28 ·
The ProEFI failsafes are exemplary. In this day and age, with the great options available, we can't imagine running a turbo high compression setup like a E46m turbo without lean protection, fuel pressure protection, etc...

It is one thing if you're running an inexpensive turbo DSM on a series 1 ems, but considering the cost of these cars, engine's, and turbo kits, having an ECU that understands boost and what the parameters should be under boost seems like such an "automatic" necessity.

This kit looks great and I wouldn't worry about those 044's, they're great pumps!

#50 ·
A few more pictures of product going into our build

Pauter I beam Forged Connecting Rods w/ ARP Hardware

Pauter_BMW_E46_M3_Rod_1 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Pauter_BMW_E46_M3_Rod_2 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Pauter_BMW_E46_M3_Rod_3 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Pauter_BMW_E46_M3_Rod_5 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Pauter_BMW_E46_M3_Rod_6 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Pauter_BMW_E46_M3_Rod_7 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

Pauter_BMW_E46_M3_Rod_8 by Redline Speed Worx, on Flickr

#53 · (Edited)
I'd have to spend some time adding components/etc together to make a direct cost comparison.. but a HPF Stage 3 includes quite a few little bells n whistles like the gauges, meth kit, etc..

The best comparison would be a HPF Stage 2.5 vs a Saad Stage 3. The difference being Flex Fuel vs Meth. Saad's flex fuel setup being significantly less than HPF's meth setup. Ignoring that though and just going Stage 2.5 vs Saad Stage 3 without doing the math I think the HPF kit is still cheaper.. and more refined.. Saad builds race cars.. and he's rather good at it.. its just hard to beat the HPF Stage anything kit as far as refinement.. and thats not a knock against Saad, or anyone for that matter.. simply put JP built an incredible turbo setup for HPF and it shows in every nut, bolt and screw..

FSR is not far behind though, after spending some time with them I'm really impressed with their attention to detail.

Source: Been there, done that.. a year and a half ago.

If you're looking for wild, and lots of custom stuff.. I'd go Saad/FSR/ProEFI.
If you're looking for an off the shelf kit that just works and can be installed by just about anyone... I'd go HPF... if you start deviating from the off the shelf setup thats where the HPF kit starts to deteriorate.

#54 ·
Might also like to add that HPF also has a proven track record and a database of known problems. If you end up having a problem trouble shooting will more/less be a breeze compared to a more custom kit.

In my opinion all 4 vendors mentioned here build quality stuff, but like with everything in life they all have their good and their bad. It'll be up to what the customer wants in the end and how much they are willing to pay.

#69 ·
Perhaps the Saad Racing kit is a bit more expensive than the other available kits but it has been proven to make the most HP. Just look at the trap speeds the cars run in the 1/4 mile. They are 10+ mph than any other cars out there even the HPF orange car! Gotta pay to play guys!

#70 ·
Saad Racing stage 1 kit is 9999.99 But the pre rec. is as of "RIGHT NOW" you need a pro-efi which go from 2700-3600, stage 1 does not include a new intake, you can get the stage 2 the only difference is the intake manifold,i Have talked to saad and they currently are working on a DME tune working with jason at pro-efi to try and make the best DME tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.