E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Muffler purchase

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  MercForHire 
#1 · (Edited)
Was gonna buy this for a better drone. Thoughts? There's a YouTube video with sick resonators and this muffler on his e46 and it was very clean! View attachment 481243

#4 ·
first of all this is a universal muffler meaning: no one knows what it will sound like. it's made for anything so it probably won't sound good or fit well on your car.
it's also like $50 so expect it to rust away within a couple years. the exhaust system is the single most likely part to rust on a car. that and suspension components. they both get all the crap from the road.

#9 ·
That muffler should be fine. It might not be as loud as you want. It's going to be similar to the original bmw muffler with maybe a tad louder sound. There's really no way to tell because its a universal muffler.
I'd also recommend painting it if its steel.
If its aluminum or stainless you'll be good.

#13 ·
I bought stainless steel pipe and found a tail pipe that i liked and cut the original back box out and fabricated the pipe and tail pipe to fit and made hangers and so on! It sounds amazing! Not to loud thats its uncomfortable and not to quiet, all though ido get quiet a lot of over run. Does sound great though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.