E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Spacers help

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  FaisalFazeli 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I have ordered lowering springs 40/40mm for my e46 saloon and my offset for my rear wheels are really high its 245/40/18 and it has been arched already and doesnt rub yet, now after i put these lowering springs, i would want to get 15mm spacers for front and rear 10mm spacers..

Would all this adding to these wheels make it rub the arches or not?

HELP PLEASE :thumbsup:

#6 · (Edited)
Looks like the tires are already stretched so that works in your favor if you want spacers. Your going to have to take a wheel off and get the offset though if you want to know for sure. It will be stamped on the back somewhere, should say etxx where xx is a number.

From this photo it looks like your wheel sticks out post your fender already so I'm not sure how much wider you really want to go...

Also be careful with 10mm spacers. You need to measure the lip on the hub as it might also be 10mm which can lead to the spacer not seating flush against the hub which is a huge problem. You may have to go 12 mm to make it work out go less and get a hub extension like Turner sells.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#8 ·
Thanks mate!

Ok so tomorrow ive booked a garage to put my lowering springs on, would you suggest to put front only? Because the rear is sitting nice but i wouldnt mind it lower just dont want it to rub arches? Ive got front and rear 40mm lowering springs? Garage quoted me £120 with wheel allignment so not bad

After that would know if id need spacers or not just praying it doesnt rub with these tyres Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Personal luxury car

As you can see the fronts really high thats my main purpose of lowering the car but came in a set of rear too

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#15 ·
Your wheel is fully tucked with 40mm drop?
I'll trade you rear coils.
I have Vogtlands that are slightly higher than yours.
I'm looking to go a bit lower in the rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.