E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Tires for oem zcps

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  milkrun 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I need to get new tires for my zcp wheels. What tires do you guys recommend? Should i just get the PS2s again or should i try something new? anyone know where i should get them from? thanks for the input guys!!

#2 ·
PS2 is pretty much tops. Suitable alternatives are Bridgestone RE050A Pole Positions, Goodyear F1 GS D3, Toyo T1-S, and (budget) General UHPs. I'd probably end up with the Bridgestones if I were looking for a change.

#4 ·
Not sure but Pirelli P-Zero Rosso are really good. I have them on my 18's and I got a set of CSL wheels, gonna put the continentals on them. If money not problem get the PS2's or P-Zeros

#6 ·
thanks for the replies guys.. anyone know where i can get some for cheap? i looked up tire rack and its ~ 1300 for a set of PS2s.. anyone knw a better palce?

#8 ·
The Pir Rossos have great road manners and good progressive nature upto near their limit where they stop communicating and become difficult to judge. Ran them on my m5.

The T1-R's arent that great...they are imprecise and lack grip. Ive been running them on my GTO and only because I get them cheap am I running them. They do however have low tread noise and good road manners but i dont think that Toyo made much of an improvment over the T1-S's (which I also ran on my m3).

#11 ·
Toyo T1-Rs

I have used the T1-Rs on the street for a year or so. I always used my stock 18" rims for autocrossing and running track schools.

When the 18s ran out of tread, I tried the Toyos at autocrossing and the track. Their absolute performance is adequate and they are definitely fine for the street, but I wont use them in autocrosses or track events again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.