E46 Fanatics Forum banner

**My TiAg M3 Mod Progress Thread**

127K views 317 replies 88 participants last post by  Sebringjetta 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, some of you may know that I bought a Titanium Silver M3. This car is stock, nothing but stock. Well as some of you know from my last car I like to upgrade things. Thought I'd document them as I do them. Pictures and changes to follow. For those that have followed progress of my last car I hope to continue to do a modest clean look and nothing over the top.

"Release the Hounds"

Yep that's right, still has the ambler reflectors in the bumper

Notice the special ordered no sunroof

Cloth and Black Leather M3 seats

Brushed Aluminum trim and Tri Stitched Wheel

Stock down to the Wheels and No Tint....for now

See less See more
Reactions: Louken
#197 ·
look at the first page :p

i'm very much thinking on going back to oem clear fronts with some stealth bulbs like in my previous Coupe

#199 · (Edited)
Well thank you very much! I can imagine it's boring so thanks for sticking through the 10 pages :hi:

#200 ·
some OG love :bow: thanks, coming from you that means a lot
i know what you mean, i posted the same thing about it. wish it were about 1.5"s shorter in front, may still have a friend shorten. but since i was going to go CSL splitters i liked how this blended better than other options like ACS, Strass, Hamann and the sort. besides, always had in mind a true real Carbon Fiber roof to complete the look. i hope to source a genuine CSL roof by summer and fit it.[/QUOTE]

I might have someone that can get you oem csl roof but it will cost alot. I went with a vcsl roof for less than half the money and it looks awesome. Just make sure which ever one you get make sure it gets clear coated. My roof has 4 coats of glasurit clear, my roof is also 1 of 2 that I know of, where oem style clips where made and attached to the roof before the carbon fiber roof was attached. Which means the roof rails attach and come off like oem instead of just glueing them down. But keep up the good work :thumbsup:

#207 ·
thank you for the kind words. appreciate it :hi:

Alex I've definitely asked this before but how are you not rubbing at all? you're quite low and are running 255/285s and are running quite flush. No fender modification?
Nope, no fender modification. I'm not really that low at all. But it depends on wheel offset and brand of tires too. Some 285s will actually be blocky on the edges. I can put 4 people in my car and not rub. couldn't do that in my 323Ci even with the fenders rolled. in my sig i'm on it good in a long inclined sweeper so it looks kinda low there.
here's another photo of my car from the backside and you can see it's all good.

#211 ·
teaser :4ngie:

#216 ·
May 8th

little update for the month

complete oil & filter change. vanos filter change and all new Bosch Coil Packs

went back to oem clear corners about a month or so ago

#217 ·
May 28th

and a follow up to the early teaser of the authentic GruppeM CF intake

all in. the matching 1x1 CF in the engine bay is nice. actually surprised by the feel in flow this intake has when opened up. wasn't expecting it to feel like it was gaining as much as it does, but it truely feels improved. will dyno soon to see if the gains show up on a treadmill dyno. sound is about the same, not much difference which some might not like but i do. i'm happy with it, but would not suggest to pay the $2,000 GruppeM charges for it.

#219 · (Edited)
June 9 rtab

Finally got the UUC rear Trailing Arm bushings in.
This second time was so much faster using the rtab tool. Car feels tighter in turns. Nothing negative to report back at this time with the upgrade.
*thanks goes out to fellow fanatic Scott for the great deal on the tool.

#221 ·
rear tires were completely worn down. which was very odd because they still had some great grip in cornering recently in the canyon. yes those are the tread nylons showing through. not my greatest moment not seeing this before. :impulss:
anyhow. bought some Michelin Super Sports and notice my Traction control flickers on a lot more in fast turns. :(

#222 ·
For those who been asking me about the UUC poly rcab..they are still squeak free and feel nice and tight without squirm.
GruppeM intake still seems to be working out very well with no heatsoak issue like others.
Michelin Super Sports have been great on the sunny socal roads. :thumbup:

#223 ·
love your car, great talking with you the other day, and cant wait for updates. i want to start a build thread for my car but i didnt take pictures of all the things ive done to it :( i really wanna get those bimmerworld motor mounts when funds allow after my new wheel set up gets here :D

#226 ·
nice talking with you too. now you see all that i've done since buying.
yep those bimmerworld mounts should be to your liking...or M3 ones?
That's called GRIP!
I noticed similar when I put Super Sports on my car.
i'm not so sure i'd call it grip :dunno:
Did you break in the new tires first or did you go straight to the canyons? :)
ha, just the usual onramps if that's considered breaking in :shhh:

#225 ·
Did you break in the new tires first or did you go straight to the canyons? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.