• Titanium Backup
  • Script Manager
  • Root Explorer
  • SetCPU
  • SoftKeys
  • Gps Status and Toolbox
  • Fix My Wifi

Free for personal use.
Not to be packaged or commercially distributed without written consent.

M3Evo - R1.221 - Dynavin - Android.rar
For ROM and Password: Send me an email at m3evolution@gmail.com

Beer via Paypal:

If you guys like any of the ROMS that I have shared and would
like to buy me a beer or a patron shot haha Id appreicate it!
I only drink with friends and friends always come first. :thumbsup:

If you need a custom personal ROM built PM me

ROM Flashing Instruction:

- Before flashing any of my ROM make sure you are using a sd card that you know for sure is formatted correctly and is able to flash the stock Dynavin ROM without any problems. Always try to use the original unformattted 2GB micro sdcard that came with your Dynavin first. If you are having problems flashing the stock rom recheck the micro sd card you are using is formatted correctly.
- Copy all of my ROM files to that verified working micro sdcard.
- After flashing a new ROM make sure to take out all sdcards. (Disconnect all wifi and bluetooth adapters if you are having problems booting Android)
- Power off the Dynavin and wait 1 minute before powering back on. This is needed for the Android side to power down and clear out RAM.
- When powering on tap the power button (Do not hold down the power button for more than 1 second)
- First boot after flashing a new ROM should take no more than 5-10 minutes.
- After successfully booting into Android you can reattach all wifi bluetooth and sdcards and use normally.

If you are still having problems with the blank screen

- First thing to check after powering on is to check if your wifi dongle is getting power and the led light is on. Some of the black blank screen could be the Android side is not even powered on while the radio side is on and working normally. If this happens power off wait 1 minute and power back on by tapping the power button.

R1.221
Changes:

• I got Voice Search to stop crashing and should work for everybody now
  • Google Maps 6.5
  • LauncherEX 2.85
  • Torque should work with most BT adapter just pair with your OBDII adapter
  • Bluetooth settings will still show "paired but not connected" but in reality it is actually connected and working normally!

Before updating to R1.221
Time how long it takes to fully boot from powering on till the
home screen appears with the R1 rom you have installed now.

R1.2
Changes:
  • Updated Timezone data to 2012b
  • ClockSync preconfigured and enabled at firstboot
  • Faster GPS and Time sync
  • Newer Busybox 1.19.3
  • A few newer statusbar icons
  • LauncherEx now optional
For faster GPS fix and Time sync
  1. Open the Clocksync app
  2. Go to settings
  3. Scroll down to "Select time zone"
  4. Change this to your timezone

R1.1
Changes:
  • Optimized for faster boot time

My original Dynavin stock rom Plus ROOT

==================================================

First boot after flashing should take no more than 5-10 minutes which is normal.

To make UI faster after first boot I ususally change the defualt setting in SparePart to:
  • Windows Animations - Fast
  • Transition Animation - Fast
  • Haptic Feedback - Off
  • Compatibility Mode - Off

To make the following changes you will need RootExplorer or smillar app.

V6 Supercharger script is off by default. To activate it using shell go to /system/xbin/v6

You can now add custom scripts to run at boot in the following folder /system/etc/init.d

Two scripts that are currently in there now to run at boot are fix_permissions and zipalign.
The fix_permission helps correct lots of force close problems.
If these scripts makes your boot time slow you can safely delete them from the init.d folder.​

I made changes to /system/etc/wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.dat
Originally it wasnt setup so I changed it to US settings.
If you are not living in the US you might want to adjust this to your region for better wifi connection. Here is a link that describes the possible settings.
http://www.cyberciti.biz/files/README_STA.txt

If you are starting to have force close problem doing a super clean might help
To do a super clean of dalvik cache and reboot go to /system/xbin/sclean

To change boot animation go to /data/local and place your new bootanimation.zip file

Here are some changes you can make in the /system/build.prop file.

Uncomment this first line and change it to your timezone only if Clocksync is not updating your timezone correctly.
#persist.sys.timezone=America/Los_Angeles

#
# Adjust this to how often the wifi should scan
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15
debug.sf.nobootanimation=1
ro.sf.lcd_density=240

Wifi:
The WiFi problem that we all have is a known bug in Froyo that google fixed with Gingerbread. So for now we are stuck with the problem until Dynavin release a Gingerbread rom. I did find an app called "Fix my wifi" that automates the process of turning on and off wifi whenever it loses connection. Its not a perfect fix to our problem but it helps.

I might have a work around to our wifi problem though without the use of any extra app.
Try these steps out and report back if it has help or not. I have not had any drop or wifi problems in the last couple of days but I am not going to call this a fix unless it works for the majority of us.
  • You will have to manually enter in your SSID and Pasword by editing /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
  • Then you have to change wpa_supplicant.conf permission from read write to read only.
  • Now the system cant alter and forget your wifi info.
  • Wifi will only look for your SSID to connect to.

Bluetooth:
Torque should work with most BT adapter just pair with your OBDII adapter
Bluetooth settings will still show "paired but not connected" but in reality it is actually connected and working normally!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
BETA - Work in progress

Downloads on this page are for those that have donated and wanted to be Beta testers only

R1.5 BETA - Coming Soon

R1SS

• 20 second boot time!

M3Evo - Gingerbread - Dynavin - Android

To do list:
  • Currently building my own custom kernel for the Dynavin
  • Bluetooth and Wifi working with alot of different adapters
  • 3G Modem with your choice of adapters
  • Option for Factory Reset so no need to reflash the rom
  • Recovery Mode
  • Nandroid Backup
  • Support for portable hard drive - (Im gonna try test this with my 1TB)
  • BMW Ibus comunication - Control Android from the steering wheel
  • Brighter Screen - Hopefully sunlight viewable

#10 ·
///M3Evolution R1 Dynavin Rom

Wifi Fix
Just wondered what this particular thing is exactly (obviously the description says a lot, but I mean what the problem is that is being fixed)?

Another big issue I've got that may be too late to request assistance in terms of baking anything into your rom, is getting bluetooth dongles to function in Android. I've tried a couple now and am currently using your existing rooted rom, but just cannot get them to work. Is there anything I can do to add drivers in or anything like that?

Many thanks

#16 ·
Theres a known wifi bug in Froyo that google fixed in the Gingerbread roms. But Ive made some changes in mine that should help but might not be a total fix so we might be stuck with the problem until we move up to Gingerbread.

#15 ·
Thats on the to do list. Its somewhere in the system frameworks and thats a trick place to mess around in. If you make changes in one area of that it cause other major problems like boot loops.

#18 · (Edited)
Thanks but I already did that and got ripped off.

I followed the link for the Sabrent one on Amazon that someone else posted up a while back and bought one. The postage to the UK cost more than the bloody dongle itself, but what they sent me was a cheap generic Chinese one that doesn't work in the Dynavin (no surprise there as it's not the known working one).
I'm livid about it after they advertised Sabrent ones and I paid for that but got a worthless piece of crud instead. They've had a complaint but I don't expect anything to come of it.

I'll try to order one again but need to find somewhere that won't take the mickey on the postage to uk (not found them actually for sale here), and will actually send me what I've paid for instead of defrauding me. :(

Sorry if that's a bit ranty - it's not aimed at anyone here of course, am just venting.

#20 ·
I got 5 different BT dongles and none of them work with the Dynavin and one it looks like the Sarbent one and I even tried the Sarbent one bought at Frys Electronics and that too didnt work.

It comes down to the current kernel that is being used by Dynavin. It is missing a few drivers to make it work. Its a known problem and was fixed by TI in their newer version 2.637. I have been trying to build a new working kernel that would fix wifi and Bluetooth but no luck yet.

Thanks but I already did that and got ripped off.

I followed the link for the Sabrent one on Amazon that someone else posted up a while back and bought one. The postage to the UK cost more than the bloody dongle itself, but what they sent me was a cheap generic Chinese one that doesn't work (no surprise there) in the Dynavin.
I'm livid about it after they advertised Sabrent ones and I paid for that but got a worthless piece of crud instead. They've had a complaint but I don't expect anything to come of it.

I'll try to order one again but need to find somewhere that won't take the mickey on the postage to uk (not found them actually for sale here), and will actually send me what I've paid for instead of defrauding me. :(

Sorry if that's a bit ranty - it's not aimed at anyone here of course, am just venting.

#24 ·
m3evolution

Thanks for your release and for your job!
UI is really improved over stock Dynavin's and Froyo.
I notice some thing, I would like to share, if you don't mind:
1. Your release booting time is increased almost twice.
2. I didn't notice any improvement in WiFI sudden disconntecing bug, it's disconnects and then doesn't connect till I turn WiFi of and then on.
3. GPS TIme zone fixed now, it's really great.
4. Compatibility Mode is seems to be on, not off, because I work in some software navigation company and our software for android seems run on reduced, screen size with frame around.

I'll keep testing in a few days more, I really like it. Thanks again!

#25 · (Edited)
OK, so I did the install, the dynavin works like a charm and looks very neat, great job!!!

I had 2 issues though: one with the GPS fix - took 10 minutes for a lock; I solved it with root explorer by changing the country code in the relevant file. It now locks instantly.

The remaining issue is that I cannot connect to a wireless network, i.e. my iphone 4. I made some changes in RT2870STA.dat to reflect my country (Romania):

country region changed from 0 to 1
country code changed from US to RO

Before doing the above I was able to see the available networks but got disconnected after each connection attempt; now it's worse: says it's unable to search for wireless networks.

m3evolution, can you please tell me what you've changed in this file except the above 2 parameters?

#33 · (Edited)
The remaining issue is that I cannot connect to a wireless network, i.e. my iphone 4. I made some changes in RT2870STA.dat to reflect my country (Romania):

country region changed from 0 to 1
country code changed from US to RO

Before doing the above I was able to see the available networks but got disconnected after each connection attempt; now it's worse: says it's unable to search for wireless networks.

m3evolution, can you please tell me what you've changed in this file except the above 2 parameters?
Bump for the above. I've been busting my brains the entire weekend to make the wifi work. Any help would be appreciated- i need to make it work for Europe-Romania. Otherwise I'll just have to go back to the crappy stock rom - the android side is 90% useless without an internet connection :(

#28 ·
One thing I am running in to is the following

I have tried to change
Code:
persist.sys.timezone=America/Los_Angeles
to the following
Code:
persist.sys.timezone=America/Chicago
The file saves without error but when I restart the system I get a boot loop. Is there a way to modify that file before flashing so it is installed with the time zone specified?

#29 · (Edited)
Just installed the new ROM, top work man. Mines a D99 unit.

Ive tested x4 BT devices all of them work fine.

They originally were not working. I had updated to latest firmware on Dynavin website. They all worked subsequently.

I then put M3 Rev's former ROM version onto the unit they all still work.

And now updated to M3's latest ROM and they work still.

These are the devices that i tested (along with the Sabrent unit that i bought from Amazon in the US)

I had x2 lying around in work and x1 bought from EbayUK.

For those wishing to know which one on ebay it is this exact one. I have transferred images from a HTC Desire to the Android side using it.

Bluetooth Adaptor Ebay

#30 ·
Thanks for the details mate - that should make it easier for me to get one of the ones that you've had working. Just ordered one of the ones you linked to on ebay. Have also found that logilink one easily enough and a trust one that has the same item number but looks like a newer version maybe.

When you say you copied pics to the "Dynavin side" do you mean not to Android, but into the actual radio/dvd side of the unit? What procedure did you use for that?
And if that's the case, isn't it possible it's not actually using the dongle you plugged in and is just using the parrot bluetooth module that's built in to the Dynavin Side?

It's the bluetooth Android connectivity that really is what I'm after so I can stream from phone to Android and so on.

#34 · (Edited)
crristic

I don't think this parameter is the reason why you experiencing such difficulties trying to connect to your iPhone.
I have my iPhone 4S connected to Dynavin and it's suddenly disconnects same way it does on stock ROM. I have only set up country in Settings. Try to set country region changed from 1 to 0
country code changed from RO to US
Check if it's working.

By the way. Maybe the problems with WiFi is WiFI adapter. Mine was from Dynavin. Maybe we can use other brand WiFI.

Also a question, Dynavin D99 has 3 USB ports, one GPS (it's porbabaly for WiFi) one for iPod and 3rd I can't remember for....

Witch port should i use for Bluetooth dongle? Should I purchase USB hub and insert WiFi and Bluetooth into it and plug it to USB-GPS in Dynavin?

Shall Dynavin D99 operate with other brand's WiFi, 3G USB modules?

#37 ·
crristic. I imagine you're attempting to tether your iPhone4 to your Dynavin via WiFi. I'm not sure if those 2 parameters are going to change anything, but tethering probably won't work because most Phones use ad-hoc networking rather than infrastructure. The dynavin will only be able to see an infrastructure network.

#39 ·
Iphone 4 uses infrastructure as far as I know, there were a lot of folks mentioning problems with their droids because it uses ad-hoc.

Here are all the settings options. Lots of people have problems connecting to iPhone for their wifi connection. I dont have an iPhone so I cant trouble shoot but you might want to try changing settings from infrastructure to adhoc to see if that makes a difference.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/files/README_STA.txt
thanks for the file, I'll give it a shot these days. I think I've been tinkering too much with the settings - so worst case scenario I will do a rom reinstall.
I never had issues maintaining a good connection between the unit and my iphone 4; sometimes it did not connect instantly, but that was only if I wasn't activating the tethering option before entering the car - not really a deal breaker for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.