E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Aggressive Wheels

10M views 20K replies 1K participants last post by  CrackedSubframe 
#1 · (Edited)
All the other forums I'm on (NASIOC, Honda-Tech, Vortex, Bimmerforums...etc) they all have one. We have rare colors, and sick cars...so this should be a nice addition. Kinda of difficult finding JUST BMWs since people like to run such P*ssy offsets. But post anything you can find!

lol, like I said Bimmers are hard to come by...everyone does flush. Here are some Jaded cars...I know people are going to hate lol, but I love it!

Very dope M3!

S13 fastback with R32 GTR tails.

BEAUTIFUL FD infront of the 930 911.

O.M.G. Dope gold leaf wheeled strawberry front S14.

Amazing AP1.

Sickest KIA ever.

See less See more
#16,684 ·
not at the moment...the tires i have on there now im not too fond off...im probably gonna change up the tires a bit, too much stretch right now to my likings. its on 225/35 fronts 245/35 rears and with shaved fenders on -2 degree camber it rubs slightly and has about half an inch of poke in the rear. more dialing in i have to do first. but should be done this upcoming week when the weather permits. excited though love these wheels! but forsure the ride height wont change nor will my camber specs lol i like the poke it has so some more fender work and tire work will do haha

#16,695 · (Edited)
It has nothing to do with going fast. Research the effects of unsprung weight on your vehicle. See what happens with heavier wheels and tires. There's a reason OEM BMW wheels are fairly light compared to aftermarket wheels. If you still think I'm talking about speed, what do you think an extra 10+ lbs being THROWN at your suspension does to your shocks and springs when you hit bumps in the road? :tsk:

Sorry for being off topic...

:read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsprung_mass

Quotes from the source:

"In contrast, a heavier wheel which moves less will not absorb as much vibration; the irregularities of the road surface will transfer to the cabin through the geometry of the suspension and hence ride quality and road noise are deteriorated. For longer bumps that the wheels follow, greater unsprung mass causes more energy to be absorbed by the wheels and makes the ride worse."

"High unsprung weight (Beyerns) also exacerbates wheel control issues, high unsprung mass can lead to severe wheel hop, compromising traction and steering control."

So have fun with your Beyerns that will make your BMW essentially handle like a Honda.... Maybe when a small child darts out into the road and you have to slam on your brakes and you don't stop in time and end up severely hurting or killing a child, maybe THEN you'll think about choosing a different wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.