E46 Fanatics Forum banner

BBS LM Reps - Differences in brands/recommendations?

48K views 71 replies 38 participants last post by  ari00 
#1 ·
hey guys, im in the market for a set of BBS LM reps and would like to figure out the differences in between all these different brands.
Ive narrowed it down to 3 different brands that i think look the best and would like to get some advice on which to go with.

--------------------------------------------------

the first set is the Varrstoen ES 1.1.2

this is the only one out of the 3 different sets that comes with a 10.5 rear size which i like and a choice of aggressive offsets... +22 +12 and +0

these also come in either silver or hyperblack color choices with a diamond polished lip

these sell between $900-$1100 depending on offset choice, cant get exact price since varrstoen doesnt list it on their site.

heres what the Varrstoens look like

------------------------------------------------------------
next up is the EuroSpec ESR4's

widest these come in is 9.5 and the lowest offset you can get is +25

these from what i see only come in silver color

these sell for $1100 from eurospec

heres some pics of them (hope the owner doesnt mind)

----------------------------------------------

finally we have the Vortex Tuning Lemans

these come in a choice of silver or gunmetal colors and the widest rears on these is also 9.5 with a lowest offset of +20

these are selling for $899 in any size combo as far as i know from vortextuning

heres pics of them

See less See more
#39 ·
Why is it that for every thread made someones gotta be trashing on rep wheels? If you don't have any feedbacks to give pls just leave your negative comments out. I'm sure everyone knows or have done heavy researches regarding rep wheels and what they are getting themselves into before buying them.

Now back on topic, does anyone know if 19x11" are ever gonna be released? the rep market has gone from ok to good in the recent years as far as looks.

To the OP those three you've posted are pretty good reps, in the end it all boils down to what you're trying to achieve. stance? wideness? aggressiveness?

I'm looking to pick up a set of varresteon soon only cause I like the width.

#53 ·
Either way u cant go wrong with esr-4 or varrstoen and maybe Lc. just my 2 cents. About the guy who was talking some bad stuff regarding lm reps, i believe all of us here can buy the real bbs ones but being practical in life is the way to go. 1 real bbs wheel = 4 rep wheels.

btw guys, quick question about the center caps for lm reps. are they 68mm x 62mm? need help, thanks!

#60 ·
man Ive been googling all the brands for days now and Can't seem to make a decision. theres so many, but the sizes I want and finish just doesnt seem to happen..

Im looking for 19x10 or wider.. if not 19x9.5 is fine. Hyper silver with polished lip. Seems a few vendors only have staggered and some are really pricey at least in comparison to other brands which makes deciding difficult.

ANyone have any comments on Aspec from ebay? is there another name/tag for the wheels they have?

Where is there a Vendor for the Varrstoen wheels?

#62 ·
Bro if you got time/local and want to get a good deal, head over to Varrstoen. I use to swing by over there and they helped me out when I asked myself this same question. They will let you look at all the wheels visually inspect it, I'm sure they'd let you even test fit some before you purchase. Peter/Navith are helpful people, and even though there replicas, they'll take care of you better than any authentic reputable wheel brands. They like what they do and theyre good at it too.

I remember I had an issue with one of my te37 reps, they took care of it for me and even help compensate for any problems. I know there are threads bashing replica wheels, but honestly if you're gonna go out and slam into a pot hole you deserve to have your rims shatter in pieces lol. (i know sometimes its not avoidable) I have plenty of authentic wheels, and its arguable back and forth. I have had a pair of works dent up on me by a small pot hole.

#65 · (Edited)
^ They sell threw vendors & direct just like most wheel vendors out there. Varrstoen has been out for pretty long and has built themselves a good reputation. Check out there facebook page, tons of cars rocking there wheels. Hell, they have like a handful of 240's drifting there wheels just fine. If I were to ever get replica wheels and I want aggressive fitment, I'd talk to Navith or Peter @ Varrstoen. I think navith is a active member on here too.

You can buy with them and still sleep easy that your wheels aren't gonna fall apart when you wake up haha.

Varrstoen will give you any size you want. If you want to run 4 different size rims, they'll sell that to you LOL. I'm not a sales rep for varrstoen but thats how good my experience with them was.

#67 ·
F - 19x8.5 ET37 13MM Spacer @ 215-35-19
R - 19x9.5 ET35 Soon After Roll A 5MM Spacer @ 235-35-19

These are from A-Spec Wheels.

Attachments

#68 ·
Anyone have any experience from the ones from ESM? The price is ridiculous on the sponsor advertisment portion of our forum and they claim to have the best reps available.
Still haven't seen theirs on an E46 M and their offsets aren't aggressive (19x8.5 +35; 19x9.5 +25).
Any thoughts?

#69 ·
Can anybody speak as to where these rims are all manufactured? ie. Usa, china? Etc

Maybe some vendors can chime in here:thumbup:

I am curious because i live in Canada and am looking to sport some reps soon but when i order something from the states that isnt made in the states i get hit hard with duty tax.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

#72 ·
Guys i am pulling a Holy Revival here for one quick reason. Been a member for what...15 years? Anyhow...I specifically chose this thread to possibly put to bed an issue I have been reading about for years. While I respect some members opinions regarding real vs "fake" wheels...reps...I am here to once and for all give solid evidence that reps don't suck.

I am 44 yrs old, this is my 3rd E46 chassis, and I have put about 80k miles on my no longer produced ESR4 wheels. New England horrible roads, cracks, potholes galore...you name it. These wheels truly looked 98% "real" and I always got compliments on them. Never did it for show...I just loved the way they looked for myself. Even with eBay BBS centercap stickers I always admitted they were reps. My point...maybe not all reps are the same...build quality, finish, design, etc. But MY personal experience is it took 7 years and a huge construction site "bump" to remotely bend one of my ESR4s. If someone wants to spend 4-5k on a real set of BBS wheels thats great for them. If pushed, I may argue that's the most stupid decision ever. But I will not do that. I will however, defend most rep wheels from a decent manufacturer because nobody can argue with me that they will last less, crack, discolor, bend, or anything else.

I thought I heard that ESR4s are now made by another manufacturer...maybe ESR? Their SR05s look very similar. In any case, I am hardly ever on here anymore but figured I would take a few minutes to contribute to a site that has helped me out drastically over the years. Hope my 2 cents help even 1 person in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.