E46 Fanatics Forum banner

kenwood problem!!!!HELP

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  phat///M3 
#1 ·
Ok guys here it goes (help would be much appreciated)

I just finished pulling all the wires for my kenwood kvt m700

(the 7" touch screen one)

but it only flips out to a certain extent, it doesnt get to the 90 degree angle no matter what i do??

When i cut the ignition the screen flips down but it doesnt slide back into the unit can anyone help me with this

its got me really pissed, as i doen the wiring so neatly

thanx for the help guys:banghead:

#3 ·
how did you install the screen. i have got this unit in my bmw cabriolet and it works just fine! I installed it myself. the M700 allows you to adjust the screen to whatever angle you want for best picture viewing. then saves it, so it returns there everytime you start the car.

If i understand correctly your screen is coming forward out of the unit and then only raising up to about a 45 degree angle??

if this is the case go to the first button across from the kenwood logo on the fron of the screen and then the menu options allows you to adjust the angle increase the tilt angle and this should solve the problem? if not, cut the power to your unit and reset it on the master control box. if this doesn't work. take the unit back as its faulty!

hope this helps

E46phantom!

#4 ·
take it back.............i had a kenwood HU with the motorized mask. Only had it installed for 8 months and the dang motor broke. I was SOL because it was outside the warranty......it was sittin in my closet for 5 months before i got the car.:banghead:

#5 ·
Thanx guys

E46phantom your right, but on the angle control screen, the little cross (which is suppossed to be at 90 degrees, atleast I think so) is at a 45 degree angle, ive tried to reset the headunit were the red led is but that doesn´t do anything....

Im going to call the shop today and tell them I want a new one, only problem is the shop is in andorra which is about a 5 to 6 hour drive as i bought it on the way home....

Steve:thumbup: :cry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.