E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Worth getting angel eyes on facelift coupe?

11K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Jlevi SW 
#1 ·
Was thinking about getting angels on my 04 coupe.

Havent really seen any amazing looking angels on facelift coupes. The rings do not seem to have the same affect

Is it worth doing it?

#14 ·
Tyler@UniqueDesign said:
It really isn't as hard as it was initially made out to be. You can even use a hairdryer to lossen the glue up.
The only reason I am scared to do this is because my brother used the hairdryer to open up the housing for his 350Z and when he put it back on, it didn't align correctly; or else I this would be my first mod without a doubt.

#16 ·
gqhoney said:
Lcm blew up 3 times installing DDE. I have the 06'.. But maybe it's just me. damn it.. I don't want to burn the Lcm again.. it's too risky..
I'm not sure why you had trouble with the LCM blowing. There is no wiring that should even attach to anything that has to dow ith the LCM.

As far as not aligning it putting it back together, it has like a slot it slides into, and you just heat it back up and lock it back together. I'm not sure how you would misalign it?

#17 ·
I know someone who baked their headlight at 350 degrees for 20 minutes...wasn't pretty (and wasn't me).

I was working on their car and he said, "Oh sh1t! My headlight is still in the oven." The housing looked like a gooey chocolate chip cookie. Luckily, it still went in and everything worked. Although the ballasts really didn't go in too well.

I personally haven't had any issues. I like my DDEs.

#20 ·
cmk325i said:
Im also looking to install some dde's on my 03 325i ... my question is what exactly is facelifted . Im new here so please dont bash my ignorance. i also do not want to bake a headlight ....
According to your cars list you have a sedan so you won't have to worry about baking your headlights.

BMW changed the front end of the sedans (and the taillights) in 2002 and the front end of the Coupes in 2004. The M3 was never changed however.

The changes were most prominant in the kidney shape and the direction of the corner lights on the car. the facelift coupe headlights went form a rubber gasket and clipped together cover to a screwed/clipped cover with a bituminous (asphaltic) glue which is more water resistant.

HTH, if you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.