E46 Fanatics Forum banner

annoying rattle..

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  xmltok 
#1 ·
Well my 01 330 rattles near the rear of the car. i took it to the local bmw people and they told me it was "the shelf" behind the rear seats. it rattles when my bass isnt even on. its more of a shaky rattle. i dont know any other way to explain it. the people at the bmw place said it would be 500-600 to repair it. Does anyone have any clue what im talking about? or suggestions/directions on fixing this rattle myself and saving some $ ?
thanks

#3 ·
edgeexcal said:
Well my 01 330 rattles near the rear of the car. i took it to the local bmw people and they told me it was "the shelf" behind the rear seats. it rattles when my bass isnt even on. its more of a shaky rattle. i dont know any other way to explain it. the people at the bmw place said it would be 500-600 to repair it. Does anyone have any clue what im talking about? or suggestions/directions on fixing this rattle myself and saving some $ ?
thanks
What kind of rattle is it? My 2001 330ci rattles like from the rear...its like a deep thumping kinda sound. i took the wheels off and checked the shocks/mounts/bushings all looks fine...i cant figure it out :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.