E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Blue Devil Engine Cooling Sealant

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  grafiksguy 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever use the listed product above? I may have Blown head gasket and currently I can't afford to ditch out 3,000 + dls to get the engine fixed.

Symptoms of vehicle
* (Cold Start) White smoke coming out of muffler for about 30 seconds or so
about twice a week
* Sweet smell
* I took the vehicle to a shop thinking it was a bad fuel injector due to the misfiring and they told me they put air presure to the cooling lines and saw that Anti Freeze was leaking into cylinder 4

Spark Plugs about 5,000 miles old, Dr Vanos Kit done, Oil Changes are done every 5,000 miles vehicle has 135,000 2001 330 ci

If anyone has any advice or any thoughts that could help me out it would greatly be appreciated

Thanks,

Max

#2 ·
I hate to tell you this, but for about the same price as that bottle of whatever, you could replace your head gasket. Personally, I wouldn't want to myself, and the head gasket alone should be closer to $1200-1500 I'd guess...another $1000 for head...I don't think prices would be much higher than that...so I'm thinking whoever quoted you that price, really didn't want to do it or hasn't done it before or both!

Who did it...my buddy up in Canada I think...not sure, but if you search head gasket and parking lot, think you'll find it.

Not easy, and not for feint of heart I wouldn't think, but if you could save engine vs. otherwise use this product which will probably work for a while, but I'm pretty sure you'll hear that it won't last forever and might clog up other things too.

But, full disclosure, I cracked head on my e36 coz I didn't know better...$2500...but if I'd known that it'd be totaled 6 months later, I would've tried that type of stuff...

Wait for serious folks and ignore all the stupid comments about to come your way!

Doug

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.