E46 Fanatics Forum banner

How to get rid of a 200k+ e46 330ci

9K views 60 replies 35 participants last post by  louie586 
#1 ·
Hi guys, what's my best bet for passing on my old 330ci with 200k+ miles on it, but reasonably maintained and in good operational condition. sell / donate ? thx

#6 ·
Here's my thing with donating a BMW. Whoever receives it probably wouldn't be able to maintain it. And it wouldn't be long before it leaves them stranded. Or cost them more than they can afford to put it back on the road.
So in the end I think donating a bmw isnt really gonna help whoever gets it.

#22 ·
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm asking more to get a sense of what's fair to ask for if selling, and if donating, if the tax benefits are comparable to selling it.
@breiwa1 - sounds like what I would do, except I can't find any 200k+ for sale around here :S
@redbull 325is - thanks for the reference
@zander271 - replied to your PM

#23 ·
KBB has a site that lets you find the value that factors mileage and your location.

http://www.kbb.com/whats-my-car-worth/

But honestly just price it a little lower than all the rest for sale in your area and it will sell.

;)

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm asking
more to get a sense of what's fair to ask for if selling, and if donating, if the tax benefits are comparable to selling it.
@breiwa1 - sounds like what I would do, except I can't find any 200k+ for sale around here :S
@redbull 325is - thanks for the reference
@zander271 - replied to your PM

#44 ·
OP,

You're writing as if a 200K mile bmw is worthless. It makes me feel sad...and below worthless, since I'm at 236K miles now.

I couldn't give my bmw away...not coz no one would want it, but because I couldn't give it away! In my fantasy world, I have a perfectly running 3 that's practically brand new. It's not, of course, but that's the lie I tell myself!

#45 ·
OP,

You're writing as if a 200K mile bmw is worthless. It makes me feel sad...and below worthless, since I'm at 236K miles now.

I couldn't give my bmw away...not coz no one would want it, but because I couldn't give it away! In my fantasy world, I have a perfectly running 3 that's practically brand new. It's not, of course, but that's the lie I tell myself!
No joke. Last fall I sold my (admittedly mint and slightly modded) 211k mile 1995 318i for 3400 ... and it sold in two days. If I waited, I easily could have fetched my asking price of 3800.

Put it on ebay ... might not be worth much in your local market, but trust me, BMWs aren't cheap everywhere ... someone will pay decent money for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.