E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Tail Light connector problem

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  bobz 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All

My tail lights are not working on the left and there is a indicator lit in the dash as well.

I checked the lights and the connector seems to be faulty. Does any body know where i can get that or where should I take it for repair. I have read in general forum's that it should cost $5 or sumthing but dont know where to get it from.

Also if you can recomend any service center near the Parramatta area in Sydney.

Thanks guys
Bob

#3 ·
Welcome to the BMW family and to the forum Bob :D

Would have been good driving the car up from Melbourne.

You might like to try Peak in Parramatta - http://www.peakrpm.com.au/

I previously had an E30 323i for which I used Peak to rebuild the engine and upgrade the brakes (ported & polished head, remapped ECU, Alpine body kit, JPS interior, lowered, multispoke wheels and exhaust). They did a great job and were very professional, really know their stuff. From memory Peak is on the expensive side in terms of labour cost.

Is it the connector in the housing or is it the wiring harness? Depending on how bad / what it might be, it may be cheaper and easier to get a replacement cluster. Maybe go LED tail lights? Your first mod! hahaha

#4 ·
Hi Ballistic

Thanks for the number, I just had a chat with peakrpm...they have given me quotes on service

$350 for a minor and $560 for a Major service

Is that sumthing u normally would pay for a service ?

Also they said about the tail light that the whole tail light uinit is to replaced as opposed to the connectore replacement ( which i found on forums as the very common problem with an easy fix)

Any suggestions where else i shld ring for connector ?

And yesh it was great to drive from Melbounre ...the car was so wonderful throughout and I am happy to get it ...

Cheers

#5 ·
Minor / Major service prices sounds quite good, and I assume they do all the items mentioned in the service book. Nick Peake is ex-BMW service and racing, so he know his way around. Coincendentally he did the work on my E30...

Like what t.wak said, you may be able to get it from your local dealer. Maybe take the car to the parts shop there and ask them? Or... I'll come by tomorrow night and see what the problem is and work it out from there.

Worst case, we make a temp solution until you can some LED tail lights :craig:

#8 ·
NO they only rip you off and destroy your beautiful car :blah::blah::blah:
You should go to other places to get your work done dont listen to t.wak hes a part of the conspiracy.... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I think I need to take my happy pills again....

See you soon my car will be there soon for 2 or 3 days...

Hope you enjoyed the joke.... t.wak

BobZ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.