E46 Fanatics Forum banner

im thinking about coil overs

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  ModBargains 
#1 · (Edited)
ok guys, i know nothing about suspension and stuff. im thinking about these coilovers, a friend of mine sais they will b an easy install on stock shocks. but will i hate my bmw afterwards? is there something im missing here? anything special i gotta do? any other info would be appreciated, even lowering springs on stock shocks, i know nothing.

edit: i forgot to include the link http://www.k2motor.com/co-e4699-tom.html

#6 ·
If you actually get those things to work, you're going to end up replacing your shocks and struts quicker then you normally would. That, and the ride quality is going to be garbage. You want adjustable height and possibly dampening and rebound..get a full coilover setup.

#8 ·
I agree. If you are going to do it once, do it right. Those coilover sleeves are going to destroy your shocks very quickly. Then you will end up spending more money on labor for changing out your shocks. I recommend going with KW or ST coilovers. Let me know if you need any help or if you have any questions.

KW coilovers

ST coilovers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.