E46 Fanatics Forum banner

My search for more NA power (Dyno time)

272K views 1K replies 109 participants last post by  radichev 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to start this thread to document where I'm going with my car. I'm a big fan of dyno results versus butt-dyno feeling. I like to make sure I get some bang out of my buck. Hopefully this thread will give people some reference when they are looking for NA mods.

If you have any good solid before/after dynos (corrected numbers) feel free to post them with an explanation. I'll start off by posting what I have so far....

#59 ·
Quick update. Ground Control dyno brackets came in. Nothing fancy. They were bare when I got them, so I hit them with a little paint. They bolt on where the bottom of the shock bolts. $50 shipped. Not too bad for an easy mounting point.

$50!!!!!! are you kidding me.

Christ, thats a lot for two pieces of metal with some holes drill in them. i think ill be making my own. been meaning to make some tie down points on my e46. I dont know why bmw got rid of the ones they had on the e30's

#69 · (Edited)
Throttle bodies are on the way back from Maxbore.

He said it was crazy to work on. He did mine and TrippinBimmer's for $120 each, but said he would have to charge $175 in the future due to the complexity.

Stock butterfly was 67.5mm. Maxbore butterfly is 72.1. If my freshman geometry from 11 years ago serves me correctly, that about a 14% increase in area. Dinan claims 9%.

When I get them back I'll take the calipers and measure the inlet and outlet. Originally, there was a contour to the shape of the TB (hourglass).

For $120 plus dyno, I think it'll be a good experiment. (Especially considering what Dinan charges for them.)

#70 ·
Nice! Interested to see how that would change the power curve at all. Have you done any other mods since you go the dino after your cams?

#72 ·
Brady,

We need to Meet up and Do the Install the Same-Day and Do our Runs :D See if we can get more out of mine...

-TrippinBimmer

#77 ·
:excited:

To bad I won't be intown to do it with u Brady...Going to Houston Tomorrow Night.

-TrippinBimmer

#78 ·
Ugh, if only I didn't have to work tomorrow. I'd totally have the car apart in the morning waiting for UPS to arrive and be at the dyno in the afternoon :) LUCKILY there's too much going on at the office right now to take off. We're really happy that business has picked back up this year. Last 2 years were pretty scary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.