E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Tire size recommendation

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  ModBargains II 
#1 · (Edited)
Wheel and tire recommendation

Still undecided on what to get. It is between three wheels. 18" M6 reps, 18" ASA AS9 with Black Accent, or 18" Bremmer Kraft BR02 Bright Sil w/Mach Lip. I know people are going to say you should spend more money on wheels but I am fine with these. I think they look nice and at a good price. Let me know your opinions.

#11 ·
18x8 Wheel with 225/40/18 + Wheels Spacers + Lower the car = FLUSH (19s aren't necessary)

Ive owned both staggered and non-staggered, and I prefer the ride in the squared setup.

#20 ·
I pulled the trigger and bought the CSLs in 18 staggered. They are on backorder so I will have to wait till middle or end of April. I have time now to decide on tire sizes. I know the recommended sizes is 225/40 in the front and 255/35 in the back. I also heard that I can do 265/35 in the back since I have the sports suspension and it isn't lowered not will I lower it in the future. Gary says that I shouldn't do 265 but there are people who say that I can. What are your opinions? I like to also thank Eddie from Modbargains with helping me in the purchase of the CSLs and even honoring the free shipping.

#21 ·
Ryan thank you for your order! It's been a pleasure working with you as I know that purchasing wheels can sometimes be very confusing.

Definitely, do not go beyond 235 width in the front as you'll start to run into clearance issues. I personally would stick with 255 rear if I'm at stock power levels. Adding rolling resistance is a sure fire way to create unwanted handling characteristics. If you want the extra rubber, go no bigger than a 265 rear.

:hi:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.