E46 Fanatics Forum banner

I'm boosted...

8K views 44 replies 26 participants last post by  howie 
#1 ·
Well almost. :)

About a month ago I could not decide between the HPF stage 1 kit or the Active stage 2 kit, well I ended up with neither. :rofl:

Scott put up his VF-Engineering stage 2 kit at a great price and I couldn't pass it up. Even though watching the comparison videos made me :cry:, I'm sure I'll be satisfied..

Received Scott's kit today and I couldn't be more pleased. Was packaged very nicely and was a stand up guy to work with. :thumbsup:

I'll be starting the install on Sunday.:nyah:

See less See more
#9 ·
Congrats Jeff!!

#13 ·
Looking good!! That was a great deal!!!

#26 ·
99.9% done.

Unfortunately VF-Engineering kind of screwed me on shipping. On Thursday I payed them $1300 for them to reflash my DME and have it overnighted to me for $50. (reflash was $1250) They told me they would send it out and it would get to me Friday evening. Well they ended up not sending it until Friday so I'm not getting it until tomorrow night. They called me telling me if that I wanted it by Saturday that it would be an extra fee. As a business they should of just ate the extra shipping cost and got to me on Saturday. So thumbs down to VF for that.

/end rant

#29 ·
99.9% done.

Unfortunately VF-Engineering kind of screwed me on shipping. On Thursday I payed them $1300 for them to reflash my DME and have it overnighted to me for $50. (reflash was $1250) They told me they would send it out and it would get to me Friday evening. Well they ended up not sending it until Friday so I'm not getting it until tomorrow night. They called me telling me if that I wanted it by Saturday that it would be an extra fee. As a business they should of just ate the extra shipping cost and got to me on Saturday. So thumbs down to VF for that.

/end rant
Are u serious... that is quite the reflash charge. I have had mine reflashed twice and i didnt hit that mark. Well at least you will enjoy the power that comes along with it soon.

#27 ·
Jeff looking good! Unfortunately VFE has a laissez-faire attitude towards customers and customer service :thumbdwn: - probably even more so when it comes to pre-owned kits.

In terms of installing the Kit, Scott and I should be able to answer most of your questions.

Cheers.

#28 ·
Congrats bud!!! Is it up and running yet?

#30 ·
UPS is delivering the DME tonight. Hopefully I can go for a ride tonight if it all goes well.

Are u serious... that is quite the reflash charge. I have had mine reflashed twice and i didnt hit that mark. Well at least you will enjoy the power that comes along with it soon.
It was pretty ridiculous. I searched far and wide for a discounted price but had no luck. :rofl:. I don't think the price is justified and I'm 100% glad I did not pay 13 grand for this, definitely not worth it in quality in my opinion. No offense to VF.

#31 ·
im glad you got your install done. i did my install myself and i can honestly agree, that intake manifold is a PITA! not fun. especially when you get it in, and trying to reach under to tighten the hose that comes from the bypass valve to the intake brass nipple. I literally spent 5 hours, 3 hours of that 5 was spent cursing at it and pacing around frustrated with anger... :excited:

u didnt spend 13k, so i am very positive that you will be enjoying your kit when your DME arrives today.. have fun and be safe..

#34 ·
Well didn't start. Leaked fuel everywhere, looks like the fuel feed isn't seated all the way. I'm tired of messing with it so I'm going to have it towed to a shop.

#36 ·
At the fuel rail. The one pipe that brings gas up to the rail isn't in all the way and I can't get it to budge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.