E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Official Release - Maximum PSI E46 M3 Turbo Kit

160K views 328 replies 101 participants last post by  Dan1983 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

We are ready to officially release the Maximum PSI E46 Stage One Turbo Kit! :clap:

Our kit represents a true bolt on option. It comes with every nut, bolt, widget, and thing-a-majig you need to bolt it in. You can buy our turbo kit, install it over the weekend, and in turn have a 600+ whp capable E46 on the stock DME!

Here is what is included with the kit:

• Technique Tuning turbo software utilizing the stock DME!!!
  • Maximum PSI twin scroll tubular exhaust manifold (ceramic coated)
  • Precision 6266 Twin Scroll Turbo
  • Maximum PSI aluminum intake manifold
  • Tial MVR wastegate
  • Synapse Diverter Valve
  • High flow front mount intercooler
  • Intercooler mounting hardware
  • Maf Sensor
  • Maf Harness
  • Air temp sensor
  • Spark Plugs
  • Injectors
  • Injector Connectors
  • Fuel Rail Hardware
  • Aeromotive fuel pump assembly
  • Intake pipe
  • 3" K&N air filter
  • 2.5" stainless steel hot side charge piping
  • 3" Stainless steel cold side charge piping
  • All silicone couplers and clamps needed for the kit
  • Check valve for the evap system
  • Turbo oil feed assembly
  • Turbo oil drain assembly
  • Oil pan drill bit and tap
  • Oil pan tap template
  • Full 3" Stainless Steel downpipe with optional catted or catless exhaust
  • Stainless steel wastegate tube with mounting hardware
  • Turbo mounting hardware
  • Turbo gasket
  • Header mounting hardware
  • Header Gaskets
  • Valve cover breather hose and clamps
  • Motor mount arm
  • Motor mount arm hardware
  • Motor mount
  • Intake manifold brace and hardware
  • Oil pan vent plug hardware
  • IVC hose, clamps, and fittings
  • Washer bottle pump tank, and assembly with hardware
  • SMG relocation kit and hardware (if necessary)
  • Brake duct block and hardware
  • Vacuum hose
  • Vacuum fittings
  • Wiring supplies
  • Zip Ties
  • ECU Shipping Bag
  • Bumper Weather stripping
  • Step-by-step installation guide with lots of pictures!

Power gains:

93 Octane, catted down pipe with stock exhaust - 477 WHP and 368 WTQ
93 Octane, catless down pipe with stock exhaust - 484 WHP and 367 WTQ
103 Octane, catted down pipe with stock exhaust - 550 WHP and 417 WQ!!!

These numbers were recorded using a Dynojet 224x. Here is the dyno file:

The following graph shows the same exact dyno runs on our Superflow Autodyn30 recorded the same day. We see numbers 6-7% lower than any dyno jet. (This is pump catless and 103 catted)

Benefits when comparing to our competitors:

• Stock MSS54 ECU tuning
  • Single Bank 02 sensor Conversion (More info on the benefits of that here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=967056)
  • No fault codes stored or hidden
  • Utilization of the the "Check Engine" light (it will only illuminate if there is a real fault in the system)
  • All factory diagnostic checks are functional
  • The catted version will be able to pass all OBDII readiness tests without any "trickery"
  • OEM int
  • The catless version will have no CEL illuminated, however it will not pass the OBDII readiness test for cats and 02 sensors.
  • Our kit produces more power across the entire power band pre pound of boost when compered to any other bolt on turbo or supercharger kit without methanol injection
  • A cheaper more powerful turbo option
  • Our kit utilizes a tubular stainless steel manifold
  • Hand fabricated parts made and quality tested in the good ole' USA
  • The power gains we show are made with the bolt on kit through a full stock exhaust; nothing else is required to reach these numbers!
  • More gains are to be had with additional exhaust modification

Dyno Comparisons:

Maximum PSI Pump
Catless through stock exhaust

VS.

ESS VT2-550
Euro Headers
Highflow Cats
3" Section 2 aftermarket muffler

Our E46 M3 turbo kit vs HPF stage 1/stage 2 turbo kit on pump gas. Our two runs were with the catted and catless downpipes through the stock section 2 and muffler:

Pricing:

• Six Speed non-catted downpipe: $9800
  • Six speed catted downpipe: $10,000
  • SMG non-catted down pipe: $10,000
  • SMG catted downpipe: $10,200
  • Installation: $2,200

We are ready to accept all years and all models (six speed and SMG) for in house installs. The six speed kits are ready for commercial shipment. We would like to get one more SMG install done in house prior to being ready for commercial shipment. Please call us if you are interested for an in house install as positions are filling up quickly!

We have stock pile of parts that are ready for new homes on your car!! :thumbup:

Additional Pictures:

Final Exhaust Hardware (Twin Scroll Goodness):

Aluminum Intake Manifold:

Catted second section of the downpipe:

Install Instructions:

Call or email us for info or to place an order!

See less See more
#36 ·
Nice kit! To get the performance listed for 103 Octane, is it simply fuel change? Looks like boost was bumped up to 12.5 psi. Does the kit provide a means to increase boost when using higher octane?

Any details on the modification and change regarding the motor mount hardware?

Thanks!!

#38 ·
Clearly the best FI option on the market now, retaining the stock DME and no issues with passing smog is a huge plus. Wish it'd been available years ago when I had my E46 M3. Great job guys!

#43 ·
looks like a very nice well built kit.. definetly interested and maybe take a trip up to their shop to see the install.. Good luck MaxPSI!!

#44 ·
I'll step in here quick. I just had my M3 shipped to New Jersey for the boys at Maximum PSI to work their magic on. Luke has been a pleasure to work with and I am excited to see the outcome! My car is an SMG, so they will likely keep it for a month or two to make sure everything works as desired.

I have my own dyno to do some personal testing, and I have no doubts the kit will not disappoint. I'll post up in here with some dyno sheets and driving impressions once I get the car back. I work in diesel performance, so I am no stranger to horsepower!

Thanks Maximum PSI!

#47 ·
Me and couple friends went out for a couple runs... About 20 of us... Definetly had everyone suprised... Have some call outs to attend to.. All motor old school golf, an e90 m3 and hopefully my friend brings out his gtr again. Definetly puttin this m3 to use.. Ill try to get some runs on video..

#53 ·
No, the current hardware will need to be changed. Please contact us if you would be interested in shipping a car over to fabricate the rhd components.

#56 ·
doesn't HPF run the steering column right in between each manifold (one bottom mount, one top)?

Nick, while you're in this thread, i asked this a while back and never got an answer. what programming, if any, is in place as a failsafe? is there anything in the DME that would do something, if say, a sharp boost spike occured?

#59 ·
You can use an electronic boost controller like an Eboost 2. If there is an overboost situation it will default to wg spring pressure.

#73 ·
Ok the time is now guys

Ok guys its official I am getting this kit installed, I left my deposit and the install date will be around April 15. I cant believe Mike is pretty much doing a kit a week.. Great job Mike, you did a great job on my E36 M and I can't wait for you to do my E46 m3

#75 ·
Ok guys its official I am getting this kit installed, I left my deposit and the install date will be around April 15. I cant believe Mike is pretty much doing a kit a week.. Great job Mike, you did a great job on my E36 M and I can't wait for you to do my E46 m3
We are excited to get your car here! :evil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.