E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Help needed with tire/wheel fitment

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  2003 325i 
#1 ·
I have an 01' 330ci coupe. I have my eye on a set of 18x9 rear wheels. My question is, what tire size should I run if I want a very mild stretch? The company I am dealing with recommends a 245/35/18, but I think I should go with a 235 wide tire?

#10 ·
Mine? Im running the BMW recommended tire sizes for 18" wheels on my car. 225/40/18 front and 255/35/18 rear. Because our cars are rear wheel drive, small variances in size front front to rear should be fine.
I had this setup on my 330Ci and it handled well plus the spedo was dead on. Down side is ride quality dropped alot. Seemed like every bump came with a jiggle or squeak... I went back to stock size 17s and maintain great handling with the BMW quality ride. Good luck with the new wheels.

#16 ·
Front wheels 8.5" wide, go with 235/40s, Front wheels 8" wide, go with 245/40s. This is only for maintaining the same amount of stretch look front to rear, otherwise I defer to Kevin's expertise. The 245/40s would likely be closer to stock diameter with that stretch, however the 235s would be more similar to the diameter of the fronts (both undersized slightly) if the fronts are on 8.5" wide wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.