E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Advice need.

897 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  deafboy 
#1 ·
Brought Swirl free polish 82 Show car glaze 7 #21 Synthetic Sealant #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Liquid Wax.

Do I have to work at one panel at the time? or can I just work the whole car over and just wipe it off after Iam done?

Iam planning to do this outside.

#3 ·
deafboy said:
2' x 2' sections
Listen to Deafboy, he knows what he is talking about :). Work it in a 2 x 2 area, allow the polish to break down, wipe and inspect. Then move on. If you try to do the whole car at once you will probably not give the abrasives a chace to break down and polish the finish to a high shine. Every pass the polisher makes the abrasives get smaller and smaller creating a deeper and better finish.

Take your time. Let the polish do its job. Good luck and lets see some pics when you are done.

Brett @ OCD

#8 ·
deafboy said:
Not tryin to hijack the thread...

I just bought some polish, I was just wondering...about how long should I let it set on the car?

:rofl: and thanks for the props brett...I learned that from you :)
If it is a true polish it doesn't need to set at all. Work it in buff it off. Some manufacturers call sealants polishes. Some sealant do prefer time to setup. Who makes it?

Brett @ OCD

#9 ·
Meguiars....

they had a special on their three step thing so I bought it:

Step:
1) Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner
2) Deep Crystal System Polish
3) Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax

I know its not the best you can get but the price was too good to refuse. Will this work well at all?

#10 ·
I have to say that is one of the few I have not played with. I have used all of meguiars other products. I can say though fairly confidently that none of those products need dwell time. The cleaner and polish can be worked in and buffed off. Carnauba wax can always be removed immediately. Some carnaubas can become difficult to remove once all the solvents have evaporated. Also, I won't knock meguiars. I sell some Meguiars products. I used their professional line and 3M in all my dealer staffed sites. For an autoparts store Meguiars and 3M are probably the highest quality you will find but still a step below a Klasse, P21S, Poorboy's, Menzerna etc. in my opinion.

Brett @ OCD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.