E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Anyone from St. Louis?

379K views 3K replies 108 participants last post by  Feffman 
#1 ·
?:hi:

#1,510 ·
Nope I ran fine but I found out that my steptronic was shifting incorrectly in manual mode. It actually shifted all the way up to 3rd and was pretty annoying because I wasn't expecting it and was fighting it to shift it down. I ended up leaving it in sport mode for my last lap and it ran smoother through my runs. Ran a 70 sec lap vs your 64.

The woes of an automatic, these events are great because I am learning so much about my car though lol.

#1,520 ·
it was a slide up and over a curb i had a good angle. i think everything is ok i had it up on jack stands no real obvious dmg. taking it to get aligned in the morning. Bumper is a bit scraped up. Pretty sure 1 bent rim if not 2:( 1 bent strut, nothing major you can check out the dmg tomorrow my rocker might be a little scrapped up too. I'm done looking/crying about it today i will get up early tomorrow wash it up and get it on a lift. :thumbsup: :str8pimpi

#1,527 ·
Alright last post before tomrorow.

List of us going to CoMo on 4/24/10.

1. Generic 330i
2. xixixi
3. Pat
4. David

We will meet in Wentzville at 10:30AM in front of the walmart place, refer to the below map.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=qg2...zville, MO

Leave around 10:45AM to meet mike01ci at the Frozen Custards/IMOS place around noon.
http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9eXAuO...uNTI4Njk5ODEyNDk4MSU3ZS05My42Mzk3MjM2MTMyODEz

The guys from supra forum are meeting earlier and leaving at 10:15AM from Wentzville, but since they told me too late we'll just stick to our original plan. See you guys tomorrow.

#1,531 ·
i escaped plaza tires grasp!! It was great however i failed to get the picture i wanted. Did you get the picture of me in the QT parking lot??? also post the video/pics of the auto X man!!! or send them to my phone 989 666 6469. I had a blast this trip, even though the weather sucked. Sorry for bailing early but the whole day kinda sucked from the start. Weak showing for the stl scene... however i don't think i saw 1 KC member!!!!! :thumbsup:

#1,532 ·
xixixi -
I emailed you the autocross vid and pictures from the meet. I didn't get any pics at the meet because it was raining and was afraid my camera would get wet. I'll check to see if any of my friends got pics and will upload some later

I got pretty soaked at the end but had a fun time. We had a pretty good STL showing if you counted the supra guys. To bad Pat and Dave couldn't make it, we were out numbered by the supras. All in all there were 8 cars that showed up at QT, the 300z guy left though (not really sure who he was). I think the meet had 200+ cars and there was a good BMW showing after we met up with Mike, to bad I couldn't find parking near you guys.

Mike - it was good to meet you in person, let me know when your back in STL we can hit the autocross sometime.

Here are a couple of shots before we left Wentzville:

My buddy's Supra looks so much better with his wheels and lowering his coilovers.

Here's your car, wish I got better shots of the 135i

I tried to get a group shot but failed and missed 3 cars in this shot

#1,534 ·
Thanks for making the trip guys. Wish the weather would have been better. Hope you all had fun. I assume I am going to see you all at the European Autoshow in June at Plaza Frontenac....

the 1 was sick. does your buddy just take off those wheels during the autox or did he just get them? either way they look killer:niceshoes
His wheels look amazing on the 1er. He takes them off for autox and runs the stock. I really want to get the same ones but stuff keeps on coming up and I really want to pay off my car first, ModBargains was having a deal on them not too long ago. So did anyone see him do a little "off-roading" on 70?

generic- I will definitely be up for the autocross, I am going to be studying for the Bar most of the summer but hopefully I will find some time to make it out. Hopefully I will pass the bar and be able to fix everyone's tickets...

#1,544 ·
Calling my fellow STL fanatics... I need your help!

Can someone lend me a spare key/key fob? (My car only came with one)

Currently, my car does not start. Everything lights up, I'm getting good/steady juice to power my amps/radio/lights/dash. I also have a cap that shows 12.xx+ volts so I decided against it being the battery. However, despite my better judgment, I went ahead and bought a new battery and replaced it. The car still does not start. (No big deal, I had the OEM one anyway).

If the alternator was bad, the car would have started and drained the battery later, so I'm ruling that out. I guess it could be my starter motor but I'm getting absolutely no attempt at cranking whatsoever.

As a result, I blame it on the key. I found a thread that describes the symptoms of a bad transcriber (i think I got that right) which basically disable it from starting the car. Ironically, the key will still lock/unlock the car.

Can anyone lend me one? I'll pick it up anytime. I know how to reprogram them onto my car and will reprogram them back to yours.

Thanks in advance- I need this ASAP.

Call/text me if you can help: 636-541-8392

#1,547 ·
Pat did you check your connections to make sure you have a clean feed? There might not be enough amp going through. I would rule this out by jump starting the car and checking the battery post under the hood (not the trunk). That connection under the hood sometime gets loose and needs to be re-tighten. Let me know how it goes and good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.