E46 Fanatics Forum banner

How do I make My Exhaust Louder?

15K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  TiAgTouring 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 BMW 330Ci, and I installed a Borla Catback exhaust on it. The exhaust sounds nice, after the car has been running for a while, but I am looking to get it louder. I do not want to put headers, as I do live in Cali and smog test will be a pain. any suggestions??

#9 ·
Do this.... I had my muffer taken off and replaced with glasspacks (search kpeng exhaust)... at an idle, it had a deep tone....when you step on the gas, had a nice eve deep tone to it... on highway, the drone was ok....
Had the 2nd resonator taken out and now sounds so much sweeter... more like a bmw rather than any other car with a loud muffler... at idle and highway, it's actually quieter than before but when you step on the gas :4ngie:

#7 ·
I did a muffler delete on my 330 recently and it sounds pretty good. Loud enough, but not too loud and not too raspy. I wouldn't remove the resonator though. I'll try to get some video up soon. It's definitely a cheap alternative to a catback system or even an aftermarket muffler. You just have to pay for straight pipes and labor + some nice tips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.