E46 Fanatics Forum banner

**Orient Blues UNITE! Post your OB BMW**

359K views 887 replies 285 participants last post by  LoskiTheBroski328 
#1 ·
If the black cars can have their own thread, so can we Orient Blue people. For whatever reason it is, I don't see all that many modded Orient Blue cars on this site. I can think of me, Adam @ Euro-Spec, pinoyballer, LakeShow, and Mel's old car. Time to pay tribute to one of the most beautiful colors that BMW has ever had!

See less See more
#603 · (Edited)
So.. my the carbon fiber splitters on my CSL front bumper kind of made me go dark. Gloss black trim on the front grill, gloss black window trim, smoked side markers, smoked corners, smoked tails (just the red).

The trims are done in vinyl, markers are sprayed, corners I bought smoked, tails are filmed.

Should I go back to the chrome? I want to decide before I put wheels on (vb3's)

I could go with silver wheels, to go with the chrome, or hyper black to go with the darker theme I have now.

I just feel like if I revert back to chrome and clear corners, the CSL splitters will make it seem like something is missing.

I could take the film off the tails maybe?

Thoughts? What would look best?

Everything seems a bit darker in the pictures.. and it was a little dirty at the time.. but you get the idea.

#610 · (Edited)
So.. my the carbon fiber splitters on my CSL front bumper kind of made me go dark. Gloss black trim on the front grill, gloss black window trim, smoked side markers, smoked corners, smoked tails (just the red).

The trims are done in vinyl, markers are sprayed, corners I bought smoked, tails are filmed.

Should I go back to the chrome? I want to decide before I put wheels on (vb3's)

I could go with silver wheels, to go with the chrome, or hyper black to go with the darker theme I have now.

I just feel like if I revert back to chrome and clear corners, the CSL splitters will make it seem like something is missing.

I could take the film off the tails maybe?

Thoughts? What would look best?

Everything seems a bit darker in the pictures.. and it was a little dirty at the time.. but you get the idea.
I like your car. I remember it from the thread where people were being a bit harsh. I am glad you kept the stock parts for later though. I wish I would have.

I would say:

Leave the gloss black window trim.

Get full matte or gloss black grills since your lights are filmed and everything else is dark.

If you decide to remove the vinyl from the lights then you can still rock the gloss black window trim and all black or chrome grills. The lights being lighter will make the chrome grills and clear corners more interchangeable depending on how bored you are or your mood.

good work though :thumbup:

#607 ·
Plasti Dipped my wheels and grill last night for shits. Like how it turned out. It should hold me over until i can pick up some CSL reps. Car is dirty as hell though. Town is putting in a pipeline and construction is EVERYWHERE

#608 · (Edited)
Plasti Dipped my wheels and grill last night for shits. Like how it turned out. It should hold me over until i can pick up some CSL reps. Car is dirty as hell though. Town is putting in a pipeline and construction is EVERYWHERE
I think if you go with a chrome grill, and silver V703's (VB3's), it'll look like pure sex. After a drop of course.

#612 ·
^Looks nice! And thanks for the kind words man.

Anyway, I was thinking if I revert back to chrome/clear corners, I could sell my CSL bumper (I'll say why in a sec), and get an oem one that had the silver plastic trim part going across it. I think it'll look better with the light features. The carbon splitters on the CSL bumper just beg for a darker theme.

I'm looking to get a bike right now, which is why I'm considering selling my CSL bumper, for some extra cash. After I sell the bike (end of summer), I could take that money and put it towards the stock bumper, silver vb3's, and coils (yes, I have coils currently in my garage.. but they'll be gone in an hour. Need an extra 400 bucks for the bike!). I'll buy them again later!

#616 · (Edited)
it's ok, not everyone has to like them. i like being a little different. i hate that everyone has mtech bumpers and bbs wheels. know what i mean?

*edit - don't get me wrong, i see why everyone likes style 5s and mtech bumpers. they do look good.

i like the wheels and color i picked, definitely not changing that.

i might get clear corners. maybe smoked.

my priority is the suspension. i'll be sure to post pics when they're on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.