E46 Fanatics Forum banner

New SP Project

117K views 814 replies 80 participants last post by  323tom 
#1 · (Edited)
Well we are going to start dis-assembly on Tom's BMW tomorrow but we wanted to get a dyno of what the car is making now. The car has an HPF Stg 2 kit on it running 7.4 psi at Peak HP.

Soon it will have a SP built 10-1 motor, 76 billet turbo with quick spool valve, ProEFI on E85, SP exhaust cutout, larger HPF intercooler, 4" downpipe and a few other goodies!! We are shooting for 1000 RWHP !!

See less See more
#664 · (Edited)
Update: the heads pretty much taken out of the car, as for the head gasket we are trying to obtain the cooper cut ring gasket that Andreas at PPF used on mickes car, I'm waiting for a reply back from Andreas on when those will be ready for us North American customers :)

Edit: just got a reply from Andreas and the gasket won't be ready for several weeks :(

#665 ·
Update: ordered a new stock head gasket as I spoke with a couple people including Mert and he said the stock head gasket has never failed for him even with a 300 HP shot of nitrous, I guess SP used a cometic MLS gasket with my build last summer (apparently better for supras vs the stock supra gasket) which Mert says he went through a few of them and I guess and had problems as I did.

Wish me luck with the new stock gasket! Good thing is the block is flat and does my require machining so the beast should be back in action soon :D

#694 ·
Ahh be careful. I'm sure we could break it :)

OEM Gasket & L19 studs hold the pressures inside the block.

I ve been spraying 300 shot happily.
That's good to know! We're excited to see what this thing can really do.

#673 ·
check with CES to see if they can't make you a cut ring gasket for your s54, they provide one for the s52/s50 and are local in the states. like marcus mentioned prep work required for the pyramid style but worth it if your shooting for high power. im surprised MLS held as long as it did on dyno.

#674 ·
Spoke with both CES and VAC and neither vendors have the cut ring gasket available for the E46 s54 motor, also I believe the cut ring gaskets CES had for the s50/s52 were PPF products and they would just buy large quantity to have them for state side customers but I spoke with a guy at CES and he said alot of installers/machinists were not installing the cut ring gaskets properly and had problems with them that's why they have not released for the E46.

#679 ·
brand of spring doesnt matter, psi rating of the spring does. my supertech valvetrain usues 82psi but they are also offered in 64 and 70psi. gotta determine what stock spring pressure is 1st though to see if the valves pushing open is the culprit

#680 ·
Supertech only makes one application for the s54. I believe both Mert and Micke are running them. Mert is however running custom made valves iirc.

Part Number O.D. (MM) I.D. (MM) O.D. (MM) I.D. (MM) Seat Open mm mm lbs/mm Part Number
SPR-2521/BM 26.4mm 19.3mm 19.3mm 14.5mm 82@41 186@10 15.5mm 25.5mm 10mm RET-BM…

#692 ·
I've had projects held up for months for stupid things like connectors, rear end covers, flywheels, etc.

Just the nature of the beast.. always waiting on someone/something... often times the shop has their hands tied behind their back waiting on some of the simplest parts.

I've waited 2 and a half years for a shift knob.. still haven't received it. Thanks UUC! Thankfully that hasn't held the car back from anything.

#697 · (Edited)
Car will be on the dyno tomorrow or friday... hopefully the FSR manifold is not a TOTAL let down as its been for me so far due to the fact I cant run a QSV and now I am told FSR says you have to run solid motor mounts because the manifold is very close to hitting the body, literally this close || lol... I wish I was told this BEFORE they sent the manifold to SP as I HATE the hpf solid motor mounts.

#699 ·
Honestly even Larry at SP and Tim at fall line both have first hand experience with my car and there's no way this is exhaust related... There's an insane amount of vibration from under my front seat area, cruising on the hiway anyway faster than 160km and it feels like one of those massage chairs at the mall, both passenger and driver side.. Also the wheels feel like there going to fall off and I had the balance checked 3x! At first I thought the custom 1 pc drive shaft was the problem, had the 1 pc drive shaft taken off and Larry says the vibrations are still there...

#700 ·
Solid motor mounts, 2 years and going.. been through a million iterations with my car.. solid everything.. the only time it felt like what you're describing is after I switched to a 1 piece drive shaft. Dallas does that at all sound like what you experienced in my car when we drove from Portland to Vegas? How about you Kenton? I'm pretty sure something else is at play tom, that's definitely not the solid motor mounts.. infact the solid motor mounts are generally LESS noticeable once I'm moving.

#726 ·
Marcus,

We are going off the topic but I want to tell you that a 1000 whp M3 will cover 100-130 mph in 1.6 to 1.7 seconds.

By looking at your 5,6 s time and your 100-130 time, your M3 seems far away from 1000 WHp.

Any real 1000 whp M3 will take 100-130 mph in 1.6 to 1.8 seconds.

Just check 1000 whp cars' graphs and you will see what I mean.

a 2.8 seconds 100-130 mph indicates much less whp than 1000 whp.
It's the amount of time the engine is applying the full power output that will cut down that time. If he was spinning, then he wasn't seeing ~900 rwhp until maybe after 100 mph, anything before that it might have only been putting 400-600 rwhp down between spinning and any sort of turbo lag.

#727 ·
It's the amount of time the engine is applying the full power output that will cut down that time. If he was spinning, then he wasn't seeing ~900 rwhp until maybe after 100 mph, anything before that it might have only been putting 400-600 rwhp down between spinning and any sort of turbo lag.

Accepted.

but over 100 mph till 130 mph there is almost no Wheel spin and the supposed to be 1000 whp M3 should take the 100-130 mph in 1.6 to 1.8 seconds.

#708 ·
This might just be to obvious for some to see when it is the case, I could tell if you made a video on dyno of the rear tires but have they swapped rear tires for another set yet? How long did the car sit without moving during winter, long sits can cause it to become unbalanced, and a unbalanced rim is easier to feel on the dyno then the street. worth a shot but idk.....solid motor mounts and tranny mounts wont cause vibration worse at higher speeds, just horrible noise IMO. also the U-joint right behind the carrier bearing on the factory driveshaft is almost always not looked at and cause vibrations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.