#1 ·
So i just test drove a ZHP today
A little about the car:
109K miles
well maintained
new Fcabs
Shocks are less that 15k miles
new tires
overall well taken care of by the owner [1st owner was lease, 2nd was a personal one]

when i test drove the car around town it is a bit heavy (compared to my 2001 325i)

and the brake pedal travels a bit further down (again, compared to my 325i)

thanks

#3 ·
It's a bit mor complicated than that. If your 01' was built before March, then it has the over boosted steering. Then they played around with a different rack, and different pumps, before deciding on a new configuration. Buying steering parts for an 01 can be a challenge. There is more about this in the FAQ's on this site. http://www.e46fanatics.com/faq/faqs.php
A lot of the info is very old, but if you look fairly far down the page, there is a section titled "What is up with the steering in the MY 2001 cars" or something similar to that.

#8 ·
So i just test drove a ZHP today
A little about the car:
109K miles
well maintained
new Fcabs
Shocks are less that 15k miles
new tires
overall well taken care of by the owner [1st owner was lease, 2nd was a personal one]

when i test drove the car around town it is a bit heavy (compared to my 2001 325i)
thanks
probably has more to do with the overboosted steering or depending on build date the 15.5:1 ratio rack compared to the "heavier" 13.7:1 ratio rack of the later years.

or it could be as basic as having the wider low profile wheel/tires or low tire pressure :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.