E46 Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NOEL COMES IN FOR THE HPF Stage 2 w/6766 and OPEN DUMP

30K views 147 replies 36 participants last post by  str8dum1 
#1 ·
We're about to do a Baseline Dyno on Noel's super clean M3 that just arrived. His car is going HPF Stage 2 with the new 6766 and an open dump wastegate extension turbo. Noel will be joining the 600rwhp club shortly!! I'll post up the before and after dyno graphs. :)

Here are some pics.

Add Ons...

See less See more
#102 ·
They have been great so far!! Thanks again for the recommendation! Perfect street tire. It's definitely a softer tire than I'm use to though, but overall excellent for my setup.

#105 ·
UPDATE: So I've had the kit for about two months now and love every minute every time I drive it. No problems whatsoever, although I did run over a HUGE rock 2 weeks ago and freaked out. I thought I ruined the intercooler or the oil cooler at first. Pulled over right away and checked under the car. No oil lines broken or signs of oil spilling. So I started the car again and noticed my oil temp was hot but AFR/Boost/engine temp was running normal. I never noticed it before get very hot, but once I drove it.. It started to go to normal temps. Has anyone notice your oil temp go up after letting the car sit turned off? I want to make sure my car is top running condition.

On a better note, I bought a set of used RACs RG4 V2s and picking them up this coming weekend. No curb rash but a lot of nicks and scratches from the original owner using them as track wheels. I'm going to refinish them and use the original color Porsche Artic Silver. Hopefully, I can find a reputable shop that can do that in MD.

A couple of weeks ago, MPACT East was a huge success and a lot great looking cars. Filled the car up with race gas and put it on the dyno for sh1ts and giggles. In 90 degree weather, the car made 610rwhp on race and meth on a dyno dynamic(heart breaker dyno), but didn't really care bc it reads low and the car was getting hot. I love RACE GAS!! it's so much fun. Found a run down gas station that sells 110 octane for $7.xx/gallon. Gave a ride to a fellow forum member bc he's about to pull the trigger on a kit. Hope you enjoyed, Jake! Haha.

Here's some pics from the 2 events (bimmerfest east and MPACT East)

#108 ·
Thanks guys! Love the NT05s! It hooks very well once the tires are warmed up. On race gas, second gear gets a little squirrelly but is controllable then hooks in third! Great street tire for sure! Drove in a rainstorm and it held up very well. I will stick with these tires for a good while unless I find something better. Only flaw, I wish they had a 285 tire in 19s :(

#115 ·
Corrected....Cause my 08' N55 powered TTV8 in my previous X6 nor the TTV6 in my 11' X5 diesel do not suffer the same
Nah, it's just the nature of the cooling process. Once the coolant and oil stop flowing things will heat up significantly. You can test this by turning off the car and keeping the key in the ON position. You can watch the oil and water temps rise, even my 100 hp saturn does it. Only time harm will be done is if on a heavily modified FI application where you do several runs and shut the car off immediately. Turbo damage could be a probable consequence.

#121 ·
Nah, it's just the nature of the cooling process. Once the coolant and oil stop flowing things will heat up significantly. You can test this by turning off the car and keeping the key in the ON position. You can watch the oil and water temps rise, even my 100 hp saturn does it. Only time harm will be done is if on a heavily modified FI application where you do several runs and shut the car off immediately. Turbo damage could be a probable consequence.
I dont think turbo damage would happen unless the oil sits in it afterwards
Top mount turbos never need turbo timers imo. Ill run engines on my dyno for 20 minutes with glowing exhuast and then just have to shut it down cuz something springs a leak etc. And ive never had a problem. But these engines have huge garrets and maybe they are diff.

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App

#109 ·
Awesome Noel!

I knew you would Love that new 6766! when i hit that curb @ MSR-H I freaked out and thought the same but my result wasn't as positive as Yours was :tsk:

601rwhp on a DD huh :clap:

thanks for sharing the pics, your car Looks really good.

stay safe and you'll stay ALIVE!

#117 · (Edited)
Picked up a set of RACs RG4 V2 from a forum member today for a decent price.. I could not pass it up :). Met up with him this morning and the transaction went very smoothly :thumbsup2:. Needless to say, the wheels look better in person!! I love the original paint color Porsche Artic Silver. Wheels are very light for 19s. Although, it does need some TLC. I'm going to send it to a reputable shop to get them refinished this winter. If anybody knows a shop in the VA/DC/MD/WV/PA area, please let me know!

On to the pics..

#120 ·
Noel,

Thanks again for that ride in your monster! As we talked at MPACT, still going back and forth with my tranny swap and what I am thinking about doing. I am definitely keeping my car though. Thinking of going straight to a stage 2.5 build with the new turbo since HPF has financing!!! Ill keep you posted. Love the car man!

#122 ·
Got my first kill yesterday haha. I picked up a friend who hasn't ridden in my car yet and was doing a couple of pulls. A Dodge Caliber SRT (lame I know) passes an intersection while I was sitting at a light to go his direction, and I hear his blow off valve. Anyways, I catch up behind him and he's trying to mess with a Vette which wouldn't race him. So I pull up next to him and give him the friendly "nice car" nod, next thing I know he's honking three times and off we go. Needless to say I pulled a couple car lengths and had to let off because a car was ahead of me. Pretty much a second to third gear pull. Meanwhile, my friend is laughing like a school girl in the passenger seat because that was his first time riding in my car and it happened to be a quick friendly run haha.

I know it wasn't a high powered car like a Vette, GTR, etc., but it was my first run since I got the car. We pulled in a lot and spoke a couple minutes. His caliber pushes 425whp on pump and like 5xx something on race gas. He also has a neon SRT pushing 6xx whp on race gas. We plan on setting one up for that run.

Sorry just wanted to share.

#123 ·
LMAO, Alright Noel!!!!

I Like those Caliber SRTs.... there a Better option (to me) than your typical civics, Accords,Carolla's,Scion SCs,etc,etc but they stopped making them. (probably cause its a Dodge and kept falling apart) but good shyt.

keep it safe though bro

#127 · (Edited)
Moarr updates kids: I bought a used HPF titanium exhaust on m3forum and it arrived Monday. I finally got a chance to open up the package like it was Xmas morning. I must say this thing looks minty since it only has 1500 miles on it. The welds on it are spectacular. Not to mention how light it is. I believe it weighs 6.3lbs.

I currently have the SS Race exhaust and felt like it wasn't loud enough, and that is why I made the jump on this. From what I've read and talked to Kirk@HPF, this exhaust is LOUD!!! I hope it's not too obnoxious. I'll find out soon.. Hopefully I'll get to install it here in the next week or so.

#129 · (Edited)
Very sexy exhaust. but I cant help but think of one particular member here that came to HATE his loud exhaust real fast. It got old fast. Ear plugs ALL the time.
I think the best way it a nice muffler with an exhaust cut out option....either on demand or actuated by pressure.
Its a little more weight, but you get ANYTHING you want...when you want it.
Long trip quiet or Hell raising loud!
The good thing is that you can always change what you have.
Let us all know how you like it...after three months.

#131 ·
But I cant help but think of one particular member here that came to HATE his loud exhaust real fast. It got old fast. Ear plugs ALL the time.
This is a different exhaust completely...probably doesn't drone like a POS.
And it sounds amazing around town...just long drives or anytime the windows are closed it sucks.

My OEM exhaust is in my hands again...and I will have a cutout.

#136 ·
Hey Noel, Exhaust sounds great!

As CW commented Noel's exhaust is a little different so the drone may not be as bad. Having said that I don't really mind loud exhaust. I 've had the experience of riding shotgun in an HPF car with a 4 inch straight pipe, and to be honest with you... I kinda liked it :)

PS
Whats a VIJEO? :p

#137 ·
Haha.. Vijeo is obviously video. Just inside joke with Filipinos bc of their FOB accent.

Drone isn't bad at all. Although if I drove from HPF again to the east coast, it might be annoying but since I drive it like a weekend car it's awesome!!!

I like waking up the dead at night haha. Very loud but not obnoxious. Glad there isn't rasp! Paired up with SS resonated x-pipe is perfect.

#138 · (Edited)
Updates: 2 weeks after installing Hpf's ti exhaust I started over boosting to 15-17 lbs on pump gas. I've been contacting Chris K (Bat line) and he's been kind enough to help thru the process of diagnosing the problem

I began with the map sensor and tested it with a voltage meter and was putting out 4.95 volts on ground and power wires. It put 1.6 volts for the sensor and ground wire which correlated withthe AEM chart.

Monday night, Chris K had me check the waste gate lines. 1 line was intact but the other line was somewhat messed up. The fitting between the solenoid line and wastegate line was broken but was still holding the lines together. I went to advanced auto to get vacuum fittings and found one that connected perfectly. I even zipped tied them to make sure it was secure. No restrictions to the lines. I blew air through the lines to make sure it was going through.

I also checked both boost solenoids while I was in there, and both worked properly. Clicking noise was produced with the 9v battery. I was also able to blow through the nipple. So no issues there. I put everything back together correctly and double checked my work for line orientation.

Went for a test drive and was still over boosting. I noticed my open dump wasn't opening as well. It wasn't loud like it should be. I even tried methanol to see what it would do. It went to almost 19 lbs hen hit boost cut.

So where to go from here? Is it the wastegate itself or the open dump? I've read on the forums and people said they got new tunes with exhaust changes but my symptoms have lead me to the wastegate or dump.

Thoughts anyone? Any advice would be great!!

#139 ·
I seem to recall an issue a few years ago with the wastegate flex tube. I know it's a PITA to pull off, but if you haven't already check this, it may be on HPF's list of things to look at.

The offending part had a braided inner section that literally disintegrated causing an obstruction in the waste gate flow.

In the follow-up work done by HPF, they mentioned replacing this part with a different flex tube in all kits. You should have the new part on your car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.