E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Csatis1 - Sametime project - E46 M3 SMG Touring & E46 M3 Coupe

35K views 89 replies 24 participants last post by  kristov 
#1 · (Edited)
"Let's do it" - I said, after the trailer went away.
The donor cars, 2002 E46 M3 SMG Coupe and E46 328i Touring arrived finally today.
The engine, transmission suspension from M3 will be installed on the touring. I have most of the parts, but I'm sure many parts will be needed...
Later, when the engine swap will be done, we will install a S62B50 engine into the coupe. But it will be only the Stage2, when the touring almost done.
I will keep the General, it will be our family car...

Here are they together, and in one piece. But not for long... :D

See less See more
#3 ·
I bought bumpers, fenders separately because I dont't want to cut the coupe.

I have to buy another right rear fender, because the fuel flap is missing from this one.

The engine swap will start next week, until then more parts will be collected.

#13 ·
Let me proudly tell you, that my son was born yesterday night! ;)

He is healthy and beautiful, he was born with 2700gr and 49cm! And he is our first child... :) His name is Csanád, which is an old traditional hungarian name.

Best day of my life ever! :craig:

#14 ·
This day was really long, but finished with success.
Afternoon I visited my wife and our "future-fanatic" in Szeged, then go to Budapest for few parts for the Touring.
I bought another M3 rear bumper. This one has only few scratches so needs only sanding and repainting. It is mounted together with carbon fibre carrier bar and a CSL-style full carbon rear diffuser. Cost me only ~220USD together! :D

I bought also another rear-right arch with fuel flap (on my current arch there is no fuel flap). This has minor bottom damage, but we can use both: weld together the good parts.

I just arrived back from the tour, so I will left everything in the trunk tonight. I will take them out tomorrow...

#15 ·
Started to work on the touring today.

Seats out...

trunk carpets out...

more things out...

Needs a little cleaning (I have never seen this much dog hair before. :D )

After a little cleaning:

Dog hair everywhere! :facepalm:

I don't want to clean the floor mats very, because I'm going to change them to black.

At the end I got payment: 1.99GBP (was found in the car :D )

2-3 beers :dave:

#26 ·
This week I started 2 things on Touring:
- fit sport seats
- fit M3 coupe mirrors

Fit the sport seats in the Touring:

Rails mounted:

But when I opened the attached package, I realised, that it contains only the rails. The seat subframes were missing. :banghead:

Nevertheless I tried in the car:

I put the another one in the backseat, but there is definitely not enough space for it...:

#27 · (Edited)
Fit M3 power folding mirrors on Touring.

First dismount the mirror, and use only the mirror base, not to hurt the other parts while cutting:

Taping the shafts, leaving 3.2mm from the end:

Now the mirror base. First tape the longest side, leave 3.2-4mm on the door side (maybe easier to follow the curve while masking if marked in more position):

Now the vertical side. From long side marking (3.2-4mm) down. At 74mm should run out:

Signed with marker to see how much should I cut

Well, I didn't taped fine everywhere, but doesn't matter!

I had no time to cut, but continue from here soon...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.