E46 Fanatics Forum banner

front grille loose help

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Canuck328i 
#1 ·
I bought a black grille and installed it but it seems very loose it slides around and pops out but not completely out. Is this just a cheap ebay piece or do all aftermarket grilles fit poorly? Is there any way it can be secured?

#2 ·
bagher said:
I bought a black grille and installed it but it seems very loose it slides around and pops out but not completely out. Is this just a cheap ebay piece or do all aftermarket grilles fit poorly? Is there any way it can be secured?
It should fit snugly, i have after market OEM M5 grills on my 5 and OEM 4.8is Grills on my X5, and they fit fine. Maybe u can try wire fasteners, i think thats what they are called, and try to fasten them to the hood

#3 ·
Yeah, mine are non-OEM reps and they do that too - they kinda "pop out" a bit on the corners. You can carefully adjust the clips a bit to try to get it to stay in tighter, or maybe squeeze something behind the clips to tighten them up. In my case they are only out by a millimeter or so here and there so it's fine.

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.