E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Chinodesigns frost grey vert

11K views 96 replies 36 participants last post by  x Spades x 
#1 ·
05 //M VERT

HEXIS FROST GREY WRAP BY ME.

See less See more
#4 ·
Average price for standard matte- black, storm trooper white, grey....

Coupe - $3k
Sedan - $3.8k
1 yr warranty - 3M certified installation - special facility

I'm in Newark.

#5 ·
AHHH, I'm about to order some matte gray aluminum or matte dark gray but I find your car and the 'satin slut' already wrapped in similar colors.[/

Satin Slut sick color, I saw that after the fact I wrapped my car, but still loved the look regardless, switching up to CSL bumper, 1 piece piece 2x2 carbon fiber lip, for this summer. Tell you the truth, Hexis is garbage don't order it, it was a test to see how the material faired, waste of money. It's too thick and difficult to work with. The color is slightly different from 3M matte.

#9 ·
Why is EVERYONE copying Matt's Frozen Grey car? I mean, if you are going to do it, AT LEAST be better than his. Chrome tacky rims, double sided taped CSL splitters, the train wreck fogs...... you should name your call the "Whatchumacallit" because it reminds all of us of something/someone... hhmmmm... (snaps fingers)...

#18 ·
You can wrap what ever color you like... but when you wrap Frozen Grey, then you will flamed for copying the one car (the first car) that has had it for like 3 years now. Don't put Alpine White into this convo, because there are thousands of Alpines around here... Frozens? Nope.

#20 ·
I think it's stupid that people hate on someone for copying another person. A forum is a place to get ideas and if someone likes what another person has done then it should be considered flattery to the person who did it first.

There will always be someone who did it first and they deserve respect, but what's wrong with doing it second? Nothing.

#24 ·
I think it's stupid that people hate on someone for copying another person. A forum is a place to get ideas and if someone likes what another person has done then it should be considered flattery to the person who did it first.

There will always be someone who did it first and they deserve respect, but what's wrong with doing it second? Nothing.
But the thing is OP is denying that he copied NorthJersey3er, and that he was the first to have the matte grey.

#26 ·
I have never seem to seen so many ppl ride one dudes dick, big whoop he paid a body shop aka Martino to be the first with Frozen gray on his e46 m, does that give him the right to be the only one with a similar color? The OP does not even have this EXACT color he has a wrap with a VERY SIMILAR color, E46fanatics never ceases to amaze me with the childish comments, I guess thats the reason I stick to the FI section. In fact when this color Frozen gray first came out on the e92M I was thinking of painting my car that color, I even spoke to my body guy and he advised me not to go with a matte paint job and go with a vynil job mainly due to the expensive price of matte clear and maintaining it is not fun either, But neither is my matte white vynil that I will be removing and going with matte army green next season.

#29 ·
who cares if the color its the same. I have an mtech II rear bumper....and so does about 1/2 the people on this forum. Does that make me a copy cat? Not really.. Now if he had the same front bumper and same/similar rims...then that would be a different story. Frozen gray is a beautiful color and Im sure anyone would do it if they had the chance.

#42 ·
Don't get me wrong, Matt's car is one a kind. On the other hand, I wouldn't have done it If I knew someone in the same zip code had a similar looking car. But since he didn't know, I guess that's ok. He can still work on his car to make it more unique. Every member draws inspiration from one another. With that said, I am putting my flame suit on.
[/IMG]

#58 ·
Your car looks bad ass I like it a lot! Yes mod for mod mine is one of a kind, but for the most part who's isn't? When Satin Slut painted his car after mine, I knew we were going to be confused and sure enough we were. 1 of a kind - out the window.

I refuse to believe that the OP has never seen the other frozen grey vert. Especially being on the same exact forum for 2 years.

But anyway, I really don't see the big deal. NorthJersey 3er should actually take it as a compliment. If someone copied something i originated, it would make me feel good knowing i was first. I would def not hate on the next man. i'd be more pissed If nobody liked it or wanted it.

The truth is, there is no such thing as having a unique car anymore. Everything has been done. what are you all gonna do? take off your replica CSL trunks and bumpers because 4 million people in the world have already done it? NorthJersey 3er should not be upset because:

#1. Neither one of you "made up" that color. It's a stock BMW color on a e92. You'll most likely run into another car with it.
#2. NorthJersey 3er's car looks 10x better than Chinodesign's

Let's just all get along. lol.
PS. i just realized you are both in jersey. Now i kind of see the problem. Yea, not a good look. The cars are definietly not going to be unique anymore with two of you driving around. And people might confuse you *three out in those streets. I would of definitely picked a different color just based on the fact that you guys are in the same area.

If I said that, Tom's douche bag alert would notify him again. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't see it - only OP knows. As much as I am a part of the car community, crap like this is too petty to get bent up about, plus its only a wrap. The fact is OP can do what he wants to his own car. How he and others react when the community steps in to voice their opinion about it is another story....Unfortunately once again like you said it happens to be in the same area. The concentration of flat grey M3 convertibles is all in the greater NY area lol.

I do have to disagree with you in saying you can't be unique anymore because that's not true. You can still do things that are different than what others are doing. If somebody modded their car right now the way it used to be 10 years ago w hamann body kits and hamann wheels they wouldn't look like anyone else on the forums. That was my intention and it worked for a few months. Yes, its a factory BMW color, but it wasn't offered on the E46 which is what made it unique.

Your last point, is what most of these guys were getting at, the location is getting worn out.

*fixed :p

#43 ·
I must have the wrong outlook on modifying then... although there are more than one reason to mod a vehicle, I think that the biggest is to make yours unique and customized to how you like it. I don't however think that just because you like what someone else has done to their car, that it makes it okay to "copy" it (because technically "that's how I like it and that's all that matters"). If you give X amount of people the same car and give them X amount of parts available to choose from of course there will be similar results... but when someone wants more than what was originally available and thinks outside the box, that's where it becomes copying in my eyes. Some people strive to make their car stand out from the rest, right down to the smallest of details. I will never understand why someone would want their car to look exactly like somebody else's. The common reply is "well we're not in the same city or state"... but the car scene is growing larger and larger online everyday and that makes the world a whole lot closer. And in this case, there are actually 3 M3 convertibles in NJ with a matte gray finish of some kind now. Not a vert, a coupe and a non-m sedan... all the same model... so coincidence? Maybe, but I personally think not. Copying = Laziness

To be fair, yes it's vinyl and technically a different finish.

And again just the way I look at things, if it was brought to my attention that I did something really similar to someone else's car, after knowing that I'd try to find a way to put my own spin on mine to make it look different.

#44 ·
I don't see see a big deal with this guy wrapping it this color or any color he wants. Who cares if someone else has a similar looking car. NOW THOSE WHEELS... terrible choice. The CSL splitters looks too much like an afterthought. I do not understand the smoked look on almost everything and then you have bright wheels. For the record, frozen gray/frost gray is a great looking color.

#45 ·
Everyone's outlook on modifying is different. Mine happens to be like yours. I don't think I've seen one car on this forum that looks exactly like mine. Thats my whole point of modding. And yes his car looks like Matt's, but in his eye's it might be unique to him. He has chrome rims after all. Let's not forget that he didn't know Matt's car until he saw it here so technically he didn't copy. Op, if i were you I wouldn't get a csl bumper with a one piece.

#55 ·
I refuse to believe that the OP has never seen the other frozen grey vert. Especially being on the same exact forum for 2 years.

But anyway, I really don't see the big deal. NorthJersey 3er should actually take it as a compliment. If someone copied something i originated, it would make me feel good knowing i was first. I would def not hate on the next man. i'd be more pissed If nobody liked it or wanted it.

The truth is, there is no such thing as having a unique car anymore. Everything has been done. what are you all gonna do? take off your replica CSL trunks and bumpers because 4 million people in the world have already done it? NorthJersey 3er should not be upset because:

#1. Neither one of you "made up" that color. It's a stock BMW color on a e92. You'll most likely run into another car with it.
#2. NorthJersey 3er's car looks 10x better than Chinodesign's

Let's just all get along. lol.

#56 ·
PS. i just realized you are both in jersey. Now i kind of see the problem. Yea, not a good look. The cars are definietly not going to be unique anymore with two of you driving around. And people might confuse you two out in those streets. I would of definitely picked a different color just based on the fact that you guys are in the same area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.