E46 Fanatics Forum banner
2M views 18K replies 115 participants last post by  sly1types 
#1 ·
Hello folks! I'm just looking for all the "e46ers" in Kansas.... I feel so left out :bawling:. I cant find anyone else that does these cars around Johnson County! Met a really cool guy awile back and will be meeting him next weekend you can find his thread here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...664&highlight= . Other than him the only other person I know Has a 325xi with cheap ass wheels and hes a total douche! HE EVEN KEYED MY CAR AND IS TELLING EVERYONE I COPIED HIS "CAR IDEAS" AND MODDED MY CAR WITH HIS IDEAS BEFORE HE DID! :ben: :censor:. So anyway calling all Kansas E46 Fanatics!

#16,853 ·
A pressure bleeder is the preferred way to bleed brakes on a deuce, and after reading it makes more sense than vacuum bleeding. I've never seen the reverse bleed method, but it makes a good bit of sense as well too.

Anybody pressure bleed bmw brakes? I can provide links sometime tomorrow if I remember....

#16,854 ·
That's how I normally do it, I have the motive pressure bleeder but from what I was told it is not sufficient in bleeding air if it's trapped in the master clyinder. I believe it has something to do with the amount of pressure that can be used with out blowing the bleeder off the resevoir. I think with my motive bleeder they recommend keeping it below 25 psi.

With that said I normally use the pressure bleader and it works fine but when I had this issue that Andy is talking about I tried the pressure bleader about 3-4 times. I tried the banging on the caliper trick to remove any air trapped in there. I even tried manually bleeding them. The only thing that finally did the trick was the gun.

I don't think 25 psi is enough to force the valves open in the master clyinder. I think it has something to do with that.

#16,856 ·
I bought a whole freaking set and i still couldnt get the darn thing out. Im not sure if it was beacuse my ss headers being in the way or what but i just didnt have the room. With my next e46 i will make sure and replace the damn thing if i ever change the headers.

#16,857 ·
it boggles my mind how they could bungle up something so simple as the style of fastener used for the CPV. why not just use a simple 12mm bolt head instead? why not one of your goofy BMW female torx heads? i guess they were too busy making sure the exhaust sounded as piss-poor as possible to think about something so trivial as this.

#16,858 ·
Hahahaha not sh1t. A hex head would make it a breeze.

#16,861 ·
Only thing I would add is headers can be installed without removing the motor mount.

I've seen a few of these mounts fail but it was on more race prepped cars with solid mounts.

#16,862 ·
So I think I've ditched the SC'r idea. From what I've read buying a used car/used supercharger is just asking for issues. Plus it seems they do more harm than good in terms of overheating and power delivery compared to NA.

I've now switched my efforts to finding a newer (04-06) car with semi low mileage, somewhere around 50k miles. I can pretty much find these all day long depending on color combo. The only downsides are that it would be pretty much stock and with the stock weight, which would make it much much slower than my old car. Although this will suck I'm very much looking forward to having a long term project, it was always my hope to keep this car and build it out to give to a child someday. I won't be going full retard with it in the near future but if my kids are into it then I might build it out as a racer in the distant future.

With that said the good part about going this route is I will immediately have around $10k (depending on purchase price) to spend on the car. On the mod list aready are some MCS remote 2-ways and PFC BBK. The rest will go towards all new bushings, inspection 2, and misc. maintenance.

I've tossed around so many ideas on what car to buy and why but this just seems to make the most sense as I will be dailying the car for the time being and I would like to own the car for many years.

Thoughts?

#16,871 ·
Haha, actually a couple of months ago my dumb ass left the oil cap off after an oil change and I drove to work.. from Olathe to the Plaza. I got to Shawnee mission pky and metcalf before I had enough second thoughts to pull over and check.. and yep - oil EVERYWHERE. luckily I didnt lose much oil on the dipstick.

Needless to say, I double check the oil cap every time I touch it now.

#16,877 ·
No joke son. Buying a car is proving to be difficult with mine.

#16,878 ·
This one still has a key and crawled in bed with me at 3am after work, too bad I had to get up at 5 for work...if I hadnt called out Monday I woulda just stayed home again. Damn.

Good luck on your car search buddy, I'm still debating on getting this house or not. I cant bring myself to get a nice car or project until I have a garage/shop, so this would be my first step towards having a fun car again.

#16,879 ·
crazy bitch number one and I had to write a paper together in 60 minutes for english today. the teacher picks groups by counting off in the class room, but I always up up with her.

"andy when we get married and we have a house I'm going to buy so much cool stuff for it with your money" in a nutshell

#16,883 ·
That sucks man, good luck finding another one.

Just come over to my place and use my lift....................when I buy a house and get one.

#16,890 ·
Ive been buying up tools left and right, now i just need a car to use them on.

#16,893 ·
What is it?

So basically brad is going full retard again, got it. lololol
No no no. Just semi retarded. The new car will still have rubber engine/trans/diff mounts and full interior...........for the time being.

#16,895 ·
Anyone know where Ryan has been? I sent him a message to see if he would be able to get some AKG bushings for me, but I havent heard anything yet... :|

#16,902 ·
Hahahahaha. He wants to put a resonator in the oem section 1 of the exhaust. From hearing his previos comments im assuming he's not a fan of the s54 rasp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.