E46 Fanatics Forum banner

HELP! I'm about to install my matte chrome interior trim...

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Damon 
#1 ·
...and I have a torque wrench. Does anyone know the torque specs for the armrest torque screws. Thanks.

#3 ·
Re: Do you really even need to torque them?

AWay said:
Just put them on tight with your socket.
Well, according to the How-To section, they are supposed to be tightened with a specific amount of force.

"33. Now that the door panel is completely removed, you will need to remove the 6 torx screws securing the arm rest to the door panel. BEFORE YOU DO THIS, if you do not have a torque wrench you will want to pay attention to which screws are which. These screws are torqued to a certain amount of force and are marked with white paint. Pay attention to which screws go in which hole so that when you reinstall them, you can turn them to their original torque"

I have a torque wrench and don't expecially want to rely on just "lining up the white marks". Does anyone know how much torque to use?

Hrmmmm....

#4 ·
how much did u get ur replacement trims for? im thinkin of getting mine replaced too but ive had a price quoted for like $800. i saw a set on the century bmw website for around $220 but idono if thats the replacement or just the stick-on trim. which onez did u get? post sum pix up!! haha thnx

#5 ·
chrz330i said:
how much did u get ur replacement trims for? im thinkin of getting mine replaced too but ive had a price quoted for like $800. i saw a set on the century bmw website for around $220 but idono if thats the replacement or just the stick-on trim. which onez did u get? post sum pix up!! haha thnx
I got 'em by mail order from Circle BMW for $420 (coupe). Go to their website at http://www.circlebmw.com/parts/e46/e46-cat.htm so see which pieces you need and what the cost is. The parts for a sedan cost about half of the coupe's kit cost.

I'll install the rest of mine today and post some pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.