E46 Fanatics Forum banner

EMS for a BMW turbo

8K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  bimmerguy055 
#1 ·
Hello

Im new here and looking for a EMS solution to a turbo build in a bmw e46 smg, i know of HPF and PROefi but are there any more options?

#8 · (Edited)
I know a guy that is selling a ProEFI setup that would probably get you rolling the quickest...http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=955768&highlight=proefi It's not perfect in my opinion but I would say it's your quickest option as it seems to work ok in a piggyback configuration...FSR Motorsports in my opinion are the best people to talk to about setting it up for our cars.

Another option would be the Pectel SQ6 from Neel at Apex...that being said I don't believe it works well in a piggyback capacity with the BMW DME...it would need to be a full standalone so good bye abs, dash, etc...

Best option in the future will be (HOPEFULLY!) the AEM Infinity but that's a year or so away unfortunately.

#12 · (Edited)
Jacobs323i(member here) is running Pectal setup. His build thread is on here(great read).

Also NickG is the man that is helping Maximum PSI with their stock DME tuning. His website is below. I have his turbo kit in my 325 and it runs just like stock. He tuned it himself. No lights permanently lit on the dash. He would be my first call personally. Then start exploring stand alone/piggyback systems if he is not free to help you. Why spend extra for stand alone if you don't have to. :thumbsup:
He knows his sh!t when comes to tuning on the stock DME.

http://techniquetuning.com/

Good luck

#29 ·
If you are looking for a "piggyback" solution you have the HPF AEM EMS and ProEFI. If you are looking for something else talk to Neel at http://www.apexspeedtech.com. Andreas from PPF can also set you up with a full EMS solution.

At this point you will be hard pressed to find someone to provide a proper DME tune with a one-off setup.

#36 ·
Vipec is another option. It's not plug and play, your wiring and ECU from scratch

#38 · (Edited)
Shameless plug...
Stick with stock DME. Check out this thread. More than enough guys willing to help you out.

There's also some behind the scenes talk of possibly utilizing some of the unused memory space to populate new (switchable) maps, boost/meth injection control, etc. Some of the features already established:

EWS Delete
72lb Injector Install (corrected MPG display if still using MAF)
Individual Cylinder Fuel Trim
EGT Monitoring
Fuel Injection Timing
Knock Sensor Factors
MSS52/MSS54 to MSS54HP
CSL Tune utilizing rescaled MAP sensors (working on version for 6spd)
Internal 250kpa Baro/MAP upgrade
Use of one SW version for both 6spd & SMG
Misfire Detection Control
Flash Counter Reset
Soft/Hard Acceleration Enrichment's
Lambda Mixture Control (closed loop tuning)
Switchable ('on - off') Diagnostic Trouble Codes (emissions ready)
Shift Lights
Gear Swaps (3.91, 4.10)
Throttle Response
Driver Torque/Optimal Ignition Tables rescaled
Full TunerPro support with built-in checksum correction
Much much more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.