E46 Fanatics Forum banner
2M views 18K replies 115 participants last post by  sly1types 
#1 ·
Hello folks! I'm just looking for all the "e46ers" in Kansas.... I feel so left out :bawling:. I cant find anyone else that does these cars around Johnson County! Met a really cool guy awile back and will be meeting him next weekend you can find his thread here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...664&highlight= . Other than him the only other person I know Has a 325xi with cheap ass wheels and hes a total douche! HE EVEN KEYED MY CAR AND IS TELLING EVERYONE I COPIED HIS "CAR IDEAS" AND MODDED MY CAR WITH HIS IDEAS BEFORE HE DID! :ben: :censor:. So anyway calling all Kansas E46 Fanatics!

#16,216 ·
Hey guys... check out my most recent post on the Meet thread. I posted a caravan meeting location for the guys who plan on attending. (Brad, 9am Sharp!!! Better get an early start :D )

#16,220 ·
So if I were to get another M3 for daily/track purposes what would you all suggest. E46 or E92? GO......

Understand that the extent of modifications would be Seats/bar/harness, suspension, wheels/tires.

#16,224 ·
Na, I don't want one of those.

But really, I think you have to answer if you will be happy driving any car around a track that isnt the level that your M3 was. If you would be happy with just track time, no matter the vehicle, then I wouldnt recommend an M3 again.
I could drop a couple $K on a decent suspension (Moton, MCS, JRZ) similar to what I have in the current car but with less spring. Maybe 600-700 fronts and 800 rears, keep the settings softer then dial them up once at the track. Get some wheels and good tires (hoosiers or something similar) and I would be lap time wise up there with my M3. Plus I could still drive it on a daily basis.

What would you recommend in the 30-40k price range.

a full weight e92 is gonna be HEAAAVVVYYYYY
I know that's what I'm worried about. I'm waiting to hear back from a guy I know that is a good driver and has tracked both.

#16,225 ·
BTW, the money is in my account and the car ships out tomorrow or Wednesday.

#16,227 ·
I don't think that will be in my price range. Plus I need to be able to drive this in the winter. The only way I will get the wifey to sign off on this is if we can trade in her Altima (she would drive the explorer) and I would get a car as my daily/track car.

I've been able to find some nice e92's right around 40k.

The other option was to buy a totaled e46 (around 2k) and build another track/racecar. This would take somewhere near 5 years for me to build on the budget that Julie and I will be able to agree upon. I just can't wait that long to have a car I can track.

#16,231 ·
I actually thought about a kart, I've been karting a ton lately, but there is just something about sports car driving that has a big spot in my heart.

I guess I should have detailed out what I think is daily drivable. If I were to get an e92 or any car for that matter the following would be musts.

Race worthy suspension - MCS 3-ways would be best (this would be the biggest expense)
Bucket seats - something like what I have now but a bit bigger
Roll bar - similar to what I have now
Harnesses
Square set of wheels with sticky rubber
Solid bushings everywhere.

I would be okay daily the above and with that would think I could be around the same lap times as my M3 now.

#16,232 ·
I've driven one of these, no way I could daily it.

#16,234 ·
Now that I'm married I just don't have the kind of mod money available that I used to. If I did I would buy a totaled car and build that **** in a year or less.

I just don't know of a better dd/track car than an M3 in my price range. Although the e92 is a fat big I know that when I do convert it to a full time track car it wont be as old as the e46.

#16,245 ·
I've already got a list a couple page long for mods in the order I think I will want them. Fvck I have a problem.

#16,248 ·
The only bad thing is that with a 3,600lb car I would need 440 whp to have a similar power to wieght, not that it is needed but sure would be nice on the street.

I want to be in the 400 whp club.

#16,251 · (Edited)
You don't really NEED AC in CO. Most people I see driving around have ear buds in with some sort of media player. Exhaust could be quieted down for almost nothing. Interior doesn't matter much either unless your into real estate and constantly giving clients rides. I drive my bucket to work around town for groceries etc, it's paid off. Costs me 50 bucks a month for full coverage? :dunno: NVM I didn't read the whole post "Wife can ride in it." Buy something she likes and mod that.

#16,254 ·
HAHAHAHAHA, yeah that's my plan. Getting an e92 and modding the **** out of it for four years. Then when it's paid off I will probably go nuts again.

You
Travis
Brad
Marcus
Big Jake
Waylon

:(

Supercharger.
Na, I'll be happy with 400 ponies and I think I can get some weight out here and there. That power to weight I mentioned above was based on the e46's current pwr/wt and the e92 at stock curb weight.

I'm just thrilled I can get back into something and get on track sooner than later. At first I though I was gonna be out for years......plural......a long time. Now I may be back on track next spring which would be great.

After moving up here and not driving the car at all I really did miss be able to go out and drive just on a nice day. I will enjoy being able to do that again. But don't think for one second this car wont end up with a cage and buckets in the future. :hmm:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.