E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Quick question about dynavin navigation...mph and also 12 hour clock???

6K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Darkoz 
#1 ·
So I have everything set up and love the system but have two quick questions.

How do you change the clock so it is in 12 hour time and not 24?
How do you change from meters/kilometers to feet/mph?

Thank you and a response is appreciated

Chris

#2 ·
Don't quote me on this, but if you're referring to the time display on the Dynavin itself, I don't think you can change it. I have to admit, I like that because I'm a bit of 24hour clock advocate and think the whole world should adopt it...........:4ngie:

The time format and units of measurements are individually set in whatever nav program you're using, I assume iGo 8, I think they should be in "Settings"

#5 ·
Well maybe it's about time that individual Dynavin questions/issues have their own threads. It would be a lot more helpful for people who actually use the "search" function. Do you really expect new owners to wade through a thread that has over 1000 replies in it? And that's just the V5 thread! I did read through every Dynavin thread before I bought mine back in September. But I don't expect everybody else to, especially given the amount of discussions that have popped up recently.

#10 ·
Yes, a thousand individual Dynavin threads would be so much easier wouldn't it, that way you'd only have to read a few words at a time and not tax your brain to have to read a whole paragraph or God forbid more than a single page.
Have they stopped teaching how to read or have IQs dropped sharply in recent years ??

#7 ·
#8 ·
the dynavin FAQ does not list any answer to the 12hr clock question.......but is listed as question number 20.

#9 ·
hahaha....thats because I was adding it.....it has an answer now....

#14 · (Edited)
All the information that's needed is contained in only two threads, (three if you count the Primo info thread) the current Dynavin V5 part 2 thread and the Dynavin FAQ thread.
All of which you could go through in less than a couple of hours at the most, not to mention you could use the Search function within the thread itself.
So if someone is spending $700 on a Dynavin surely they could be bothered spending a couple hours of their time to learn about it and to help themselves.
Not to mention that while reading the official thread they just might actually learn other things which they otherwise may have missed therefore saving the need to ask a question for every query they may have.

The Dynavin discussion has been going for long enough now that pretty much everything has been answered ten times over and it gets fairly frustrating when the most basic questions keep being asked such as the one in this thread which has already been discussed and answered repeatedly both when the V5 was initially released and also only just recently.
So yes I think the "newbies" should be ripped a new one for their laziness and their expectaion that others are here to spoon feed them and do the work for them.
The fact is that they don't bother to read or to search or to use some common sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.