E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Halogen to Xenon - Lights won't turn on

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  sillieidiot 
#1 ·
I just got my car back from the service repair shop, where they took out my P46's and replaced them with OEM Xenon headlights.

Prior to my P46's, I had OEM Halogen headlights.....and I never got my software re-flashed after doing this. The result was a random flicker every now and then...which I was able to ignore as I rarely drove my car in the evening.

Now, after they installed OEM Xenons, the headlights won't even turn on. When I turn my fogs on with the headlight switch on....only then do they come on....and they don't exactly come on, they just flicker. When I turn my fogs off, they remain flickering.

Will an LCM re-flash fix this?

Is it normal for them not to come on until the fogs are turned on? I thought it was supposed to be the other way around....

Thanks in advance...I know this topic has been beaten to death, but for some reason, I think this is different....

#2 ·
yes a reflash will most definitely take care of the issue. make sure you reflash for bixenons. you'll lose the highbeam function though. if you got oem bixenons, then all you have to do is do a little more wiring and you'll get the bixenon function.

i think it's pretty normal for them not to come on. when i first got it they didn't.

have you tried turning them on with your keys in the second position? then turn on the car? that's what i did for a week until i got the reflash for my old sedan.

#4 ·
cool. hope everything works out. also after you get it flashed. make sure to turn off your car and turn it on a few times to make sure it works. i did it a couple of times when i was there and it worked. but when i got home, it stopped working. found out they flashed for regular xenons since my high beam works so i had to drive back. what a pain that was, good thing i didn't live too far away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.